Kata Palm Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Chanalai Romantica Resort(Kata Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Maithai Hostel(Kata Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Rico's Bungalows(Kata Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Kata Country House(Kata Beach)
Good 3.5/5
1,311 results
All reviewspool access roompool barday bedtour desktraditional thai stylerestaurants and shopsdeluxe roomlarge poolgreat poolstayed here for nightslow seasonbuffet breakfastegg stationshort walk to the beachnoodlesnice resortpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Have stayed at Kata Palm for 14 nights and absolutley loved the place. Its a cheap but comfortable hotel, close to the shops and restaurants. My standart room was on the top floor with a nice spacious balcony. My friends had a room on the ground floor and had to deal with mosquitoes every night, so i wouldn't advise the ground rooms. Breakfast, didn't have a huge choice, but you can ask for omelets, fryed eggs, bacon, pancakes and they ll cook it infront of you. Mini bar has good prices, unlike european hotels. staff is very helpfull and polite. 10 min walk to the beach, they have only two computers for guests to use internet ,so take your laptop. will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eliza09
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Spent 10 days at this resort in August. Arrived 9 pm and the check in was very easy and hassle free. Staff were very nice and welcoming.
We stayed in a Pool Access Room which I definitely recommend. Our room number was 137 which is probably the best room to stay in as it is directly across from the pool bar, approx 10 meters, and you can meet alot of people as they drink at the bar or are just casually swimming by. Other good room numbers are 135,136, 138 or 139. The rooms are very spacious and clean and are serviced daily. The bar fridge is very reasonably priced just in case you run out of beer or mixers for your duty free booze. The pool closes at 7 pm and doesn't allow swimming after this time which is the only issue I had.
Breakfast was Ok . You could get your usual western breakfast, bacon, eggs etc, which was absolutely fine to start off the day.
If your planning on staying here, make sure you pack your aurogard or mosquito repellant as the mossies do bite at night out on the balcony and keep your screen doors closed.
The resort is very central to all the bars and restuarants in the area and taxi's and tuk tuks are very accessable just outside the resort.
If planning day trips, the staff at reception are great and can arrange anything and everything for you.
The free internet in reception is very convenient, but choose your times to use it as it can get rather busy, so avoid breakfast, early evening and check out times when the traffic in reception is heaviest.
Overall, a great place to stay and very affordable.

Have a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JustinK2009
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I got a deal on this hotel from latestays.com, and I still wasn't wowed. The place is pretty with some nice pools, but I thought it was right across the street from the beach. It is, however, Club Med owns all that property and fenced it off, so you have to walk 10 minutes to get access. I would have stayed closer to that access point had I realized this. The breakfast buffet is pretty large, and the rooms and pools are nice. The Wifi was pretty weak, and the beds are a bit hard for that level of hotel in my opinion. Glad I didn't pay full price! Kata Beach itself is pretty nice, but I wasn't too impressed with the surrounding town. We did get some good diving in with Phuket Scuba Club at Racha Yai. Be sure to ask the front desk for a beach chair coupon if going to the beach so you don't have to pay. Also do NOT do the Khai Daytrip with Phuket Island Hoppers - waste of $30!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The hotel has a beautiful Thai feel with traditional dressed staff, wood carved architecture & green lush surroundings. Staff were friendly & happy to assist with any request & provides a Free internet service (in 20 mins blocks)
We booked a superior room which was clean, large twin beds, plently of TV channels, complimentary water, tea & coffee, bathroom ok & good air-con system, overall the room was a good standard for the superior status.

We were upgraded a few days into our stay which came as a nice surprise & at no extra cost. The delux rooms were fantastic...extra large bathroom with seperate shower, free standing bath & definately had the whow factor over the superior rooms.
Bedrooms were Very large room with plently of storage, huge beds plus an extra day bed overlooking the massive pool area to the rear end of the complex. If we were aware of the difference between superior & deluxe rooms we would have paid the extra without a doubt!

The Pool area was beautiful that extends all around the complex in lush well cared for gardens. There is a children's pool, play area & indoor kids room. The pool bar/snacks are reasonably priced that doesn't charge the 17% service charge most other hotels do. There is also pool areas outside the ground floor rooms that house a variety of tropical fish which is a nice feature.
Breakfast was ok but boring after a few days.
Kata is a pretty resort with a beautiful long beach. The hotel offers free transport to the beach 9.30, 12.00 & 3.00pm along with 30 free sun loungers on Kata beach (1st come basis) but the beach is in easy walking distance if you miss the bus.
The centre of Kata is close to the hotel with bars, cafes & shops close by, the local buses can also be accessed nearby & only charge 30 baht to Phuket town, Karon, Patong etc.
The downside to the holiday was July being the 'low season' so the resort was quiet & some establishment closed until September.
The upside... We were told it was 'monsoon' season & expecting to see rain, instead we had wall to wall sunshine for 2 weeks while travelling Phuket!
Warning... take plenty of mosquito sprays, lotions & potions we were bitten frequently!
Overall would definately return to Kata Palm Hotel & resort a great place to stay :)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank toni64
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I made the reservation online for one month prior arrival for the twin bed, pool view room, with instant payment. I got checked in into the double bed, overlooking the under construction pool. Called the reception for changed, got informed the hotel is fully booked.

The room was very well decorated. The beach/pool towel was provided in the room. The AC was freezing all the time. Besides the not working pool out of my window, there was another big beautiful pool. The deepest part is around 1.2 metre and not temperature controlled. Around the area was decorated with Thai art. Very classic and beautiful! The beach was not far away also. When you walked out of the hotel, cross the road, turn left, and walk straight for around 5 minutes. When you see the hotel with lots of elephant in the front, turn right and walk for 1 minutes, you will see the white sandy beach in front of you. Or if you don’t understand what I wrote here, then just follow those people who carried the surf board.

On the first night, I called the HK to request for the extra blanket, no one pick up the phone. I called Reception. The girl sounded confused and hung up on me. 15 minutes later, I called again to the HK. Another 15 minutes later, the blanket was delivered to the room. It had dirty smell and lots of wrinkle on it. So I did not use it.

The breakfast selection was not that varied. The omelette looked funny. I choose to sit near the garden and got bitten by mosquito. Not a big deal for me, but if you are allergy, then stay away. As I get used to with having the server came to serve coffee on the breakfast table, I asked one waiter for 2 coffee please. He nodded. 10 minutes later, no coffee came. Then I noticed the table next to me took the coffee from the buffet, that’s when I figured out.

On the second night, I stopped by the reception to ask if I can check out at 2 pm. They said no. 1 pm??? Still no! 12.30??? Even half an hour late check out, they still don’t give me. Fine! Then I informed them about the dirty blanket I got last night. As usual, she looked confused. So I asked for the new one to be delivered. One hour later, no sign of blanket. I called the reception, asking if I had to bring the blanket to the reception. She apologized. 20 minutes later, the blanket came!

On the way back to the airport, I booked the taxi with the hotel which cost THB 800. I do not know the price from the airport, but should be the same. You can ask the driver to stop at the souvenir shop also if you would like to buy something. They will wait for you.

To sum up, it is a mixed feeling I have for this hotel. The place itself is no-doubt very beautiful. The staffs are very friendly and polite BUT very confused and do not understand the simple request. Please note that I speak the same language with them.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family