My husband and I stayed here for a week and thought it was perfect for a long stay as it was like a home away from home. The room, deluxe pool view was huge and really comfortable. The rain shower was just wonderful. We didn't use the bathtub in our room although it looked impressive the shower was so good.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really good also. The pool was one of the best I have ever swum in. It was also really pretty winding around hibiscus palms and under waterfalls and bridges. Quite a few of the rooms had direct pool access which would be wonderful with children but we were happy as our room on the 4th floor was very quiet and the balcony was a perfect place to sit and read overlooking the pool.
A standout of our stay was the Thai cooking class. The staff obviously enjoyed it as much as we did and the food we cooked but delicious and we got to eat it too!
We also had a massage at the Spa in the hotel but were not very impressed as they seemed very half hearted and disinterested. It was a complimentary massage with our package but felt that should not make a difference as we had massages outside of the hotel that were much better.
That is the only fault I could find with this resort as everyone and everything else was just perfect for a week's vacation.
This resort is in a very good location as it is just a couple of minutes walk to the village with lots of restaurants and shops and also only about a five minute walk to the beach.
We both loved it and will be back and would definitely recommend it as it was very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach