We just stayed at Kata Palm for 2 nights, and given we paid 45 euro/night for a double room including breakfast & wifi, we found it to be excellent value. We were there during low season so the hotel and town felt nice and quiet, but the hotel seemed pretty full judging by the number of towels hanging off balconies. The hotel is not on the beach, but does offer a free shuttle and is only about a 4/ 5-10min walk. They have 30 loungers on the beach on a first come first served basis - needless to say we were never up in time to get them but paid 3 euros for 2 loungers on the beach elsewhere very easily.
The rooms are set along 3 sides of an amazing pool complex, with the reception making up the 4th side of the rectangle. There are 4 pools, 1 is a 'river' you can float along, and 2 swim up bars. There are also shallow pools for kids so the main pools stay relatively adult only. We were always able to get a sun lounger.
Our room was at the far end away from reception, on the 4th floor. There were renovation works happening in the same block but on the 1st floor nearer reception, and we could never hear anything when we were in our room. The room was huge, clean, firm double bed, balcony, nice bathroom. There were some marks on the walls and the towels could do with being replaced, but it was clean and for 45 euro/night I wouldn't argue. They also give you extra beach / pool towels. Wifi was free, fast and reliable. I'd recommend a room at the far end away from reception as it will be quieter and is away from the kids pool.
Downsides were not bad, just things which could be improved.
1) the staff on check in (and at the front desk generally) were pretty indifferent and couldn't do much to help e.g. when we arrived to check in the reception just ignored us for 5mins then looked up and said "yes?", or when we asked if they could suggest a dive shop in the town they looked blank and said 'no'. But there was a tour desk in the lobby who tried to help without selling, and who arranged airport transfers very reliably and at a fair price.
2) the food was average - orange juice very fake / sweet, coffee not fresh, chips cold. But you can eat out and get great food near by.
In short, well worth 45 euro/night in low season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach