I loved my 3 day stay at this hotel and there isn't anything I could really say that was negative. Airport pickup was perfect and arrival to the hotel was seamless. The room itself is a decent size. Bathroom and balcony were a little on the small side but it was no problem. Perfectly adequate. The staff on the beach are great. Constantly refilling your water and giving you cold towels and little fruit skewers and keeping non-hotel guests off the exclusive hotel loungers. There are plenty of loungers to go round so it was never a problem finding a nice spot. The pool and jacuzzi looked nice but we never used them. The location is simply perfect. Have a great breakfast then 10 steps away you are on your sun lounger ready to while the day away doing not a lot on Kata beach. Snorkelling is great just in front of the hotel and to the left a little bit. There are nice snack/drinks kiosks nearby for cheap food and beer. The Ska bar at the end is also excellent. The hotel seems to have a very high staff to guest ratio so the service is simply faultless. Service with a smile. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. It is the type of place where I can see myself returning to time and time again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach