The experience duriing off season
1st... They are overpriced for the class unless you do a two class session. I was unable to do two class as they did not have people to sign up for sunday so only got to take the one on Sat so i had to pay the premium rate of 2200.00 base, 220.00 service fee, 169.00(7%) tax for a total of 2589.40. Other cooking classes in other area of Thailand includes all the fees in the rate of the the price posted.
Was unable to find out what the meal was going to be so i repeated a dish or two of what i have already learned. :( I had tryed several times by e-mail , phone call, only to be advised that we do not know what we were going to make.
The Classes off season JUNE
We do not know if we are going to do the class as they need 3 people to sign up and i was only one. I had to keep calling to see if there was going to be a class. When on holiday / vacation it is a downer to keep calling and have to change plans when they did not have a class on Sunday.
They set up portable burners in the lobby / resutrant area and not in a kitchen so you get the same feel as if on a cruise ship just doing an add on sales for them.
Good meal and done in a Traditonal way but lot of short cuts done like the cashew chicken they did not show how to brown off the cashews from scratch like other cooking classes do.
The Sous Chef Rattana was great and very helpful and answered all questions. Very helpful with local questions and learning the food culture.
Way too polished and way to commerical done and not so traditonal like other class in Phuket and for the price i would pass on this one as more would give you the real Thai experience if you were looking for that.
thanks for reading
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach