From: Tara Kaulback
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:25 AM
Subject: Thank You So Very Much!
To Our Dear Friends at Mom Tri’s Boathouse:
It is hard to express in words just how much we loved our 13 day stay at the Boathouse from December 22nd, 2007 through January 3rd, 2008. Although the room provided a lovely view and the beach and weather were superb, what makes Mom Tri’s Boathouse special and unique are the people.
Everyone went out of their way to be kind, thoughtful and helpful to us during our stay. The staff’s attitude was one of sincerity, and as each day went by we felt closer to each and everyone one of you.
My husband Ron and I have traveled most of the Caribbean, Hawaii, Asia, Europe, South America and North America……..and Thailand as it turns out is our favorite place and memory. There are not too many places that we return to because the World is a big place and there is so much to discover and experience……..but Phuket is an exception, or rather I should say, Mom Tri’s Boathouse is the exception.
Every morning we experienced the warm greeting of the friendly staff at breakfast. Not too many mornings went by until they had that Cappuccino delivered pronto to our table. Tat and Nung took great care of us on the beach on those days that we stayed at our home away from home.
Every time we took an excursion away from Mom Tri’s the staff would always ask us how our day was on our return. I wish I had written all of your names down to thank you personally but I do hope you know who you are.
Kitti was very helpful in finding us a way to rent a boat on our own so that we could go visit Crabi, Phi Phi, Hong Island and other beautiful spots to snorkel and swim but without the regular crowds of 25 people per boat.
I had an ear infection while I was visiting and the lovely lady at the front desk helped me locate the medical clinic……..and each day she would remember to ask me if my ear was getting better. And of course, there is another lady that has been there a few years and she was successful in getting us a reservation to visit the beautiful islands of Similan.
We loved the Christmas buffet and appreciated receiving the very nice Mom Tri’s Boathouse golf shirts, which was a nice touch. The New Years dinner was the highlight of our evening entertainment. We had a blast. The sit down dinner was exceptional and the service was as good as it gets. We truly enjoyed the staff joining us to bring in 2008, pots, pans and all! It was a New Years that we will remember forever. Please book us a table for “two” for next New Years Dinner.
We missed seeing Niwat this year and we hope that he is well again and back at the Boathouse. It was Niwat who welcomed us on our first visit to the Boathouse in November 2006. We hope to see you Niwat on our next visit.
Also, I would like to give my regards to Tong (nickname) who worked in the dining room - morning, noon and night. He introduced us to his lovely daughter and their cute dog. Please tell him that we think of him often.
On January 4th we left the Boathouse and headed to Bangkok where we enjoyed the bustling city for 4 days before returning home to Vancouver, Canada on January 8th. Everyday since our return we tell people and friends about our wonderful visit to Mom Tri’s Boathouse and Phuket. We urge each and every one of them to seriously consider a visit.
Thank you again for making every day of our visit a very special experience. We hope that you will all be there again next year. Please stay healthy and safe for our return. We miss you all!
Tara Kaulback and Ron Faoro
Room #206 (12/22/07 – 1/03/08)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach