My wife and I had read several good reviews of this hotel prior to our honeymoon, and we were not disappointed. We stayed on an oceanview room on the second floor and enjoyed every minute of our stay.
This is possibly the best located hotel we have ever stayed at. It has direct beach access, with plenty of beach chairs/umbrellas available, and even beachside service for its guests (fresh water and fruit). But it also has plenty of bars, restaurants, and shopping within walking distance, so you never have to venture far to satisfy whatever you need. The beach itself is kept meticulously clean by hotel staff, and is one of the most fun I've ever experienced (Patong Beach pales in comparison).
The rooms were comfortable but a bit dated in terms of design (this bothered my wife more than it did me). Fruit is served every day, but beware of its disposal as ants will be attracted within an hour. It got bad enough that we had to call the front desk, and they promptly sent someone up to clean up the bugs.
Our only complaint was our disappointment in the food at the hotel's restaurant (of course this is a separate issue from our stay). Their breakfast was great, but when we returned for dinner we found the menu overpriced for the quality of food. But there are more than enough great options around (including the tapas restaurant next door operated by the same management). Every other aspect was fantastic. All in all, it might be pricier than many other hotels in the area, but its location is impossible to beat and amounts to a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach