“Such a wonderful diving experience!”
Review of Phuket Dive Tours

Phuket Dive Tours
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Dive Tours is the best local PADI & SSI scuba diving training centre for 5 star service. Daily Beginner courses and shorter Try Dives takes 2-3 Hours for a Discover scuba diving session with Pro instructors. We deliver the best value when it comes to service & safety on all SSI & PADI courses and private fun diving day trips and we wont be beaten on Price. Try a Beginners Scuba diving Day Trip is a full day out with your own Instructor. Learning to Scuba dive has never been so easy, with the free SSI Online e learning and you can sign and start the course today, or take the private PADIcourse option in 3 days to get the the Scuba License. When you dive with Phuket Dive Tours you are actually Diving with some of the most experienced diving Instructors and Dive masters on the Island with an excellent safety record. We Don't employ Interns or Trainee Instructors to take you Diving...But some shops will to save money...
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friends and I visited Phuket during August and we want to book a diving trip to one of the beautiful island in Phuket, and David Hall (owner of Phuket Dive Tours) provide detail information about the day trip schedule and price made everything easier for us!

On the day of the diving trip, we went to Racha Yai Island which is so beautiful, David Sexton, our dive instructor is really nice and patient when he was explaining everything we need to pay attention to!

To conclude, we highly recommend anyone who visit Phuket and want to join any diving trips there!

1  Thank Karen W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)
All reviews
"diving experience"
in 51 reviews
"great instructor"
in 35 reviews
"racha noi and racha yai"
"day trip"
"went smoothly"
in 10 reviews

996 - 1,000 of 1,175 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was my first time and i Had a big problem with my hears but sim been patient and showed me the right moves to be able to go deeper!
He is a great instructor!
Merci Simon!!

1  Thank LyhI1
simon a, General Manager at Phuket Dive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

thank you so much for the review, and yes we have plenty of shallow reef if people have problems with equalizing or something like that, its such a great place to dive for new people i love it. sitting on the sand and having all the fish come around for you in 2 meters of water was great, many thanks and best regards see you again simon :-)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I haven't been diving for more than a year, hence, I was looking for a personal dive guide so that I can get comfortable without being a hassle to other divers (especially those who take huge group to dive). Apparently, I get more than what I bargained for with Simon Arnold @ Phuket Scuba Diving Tours. We did a refresher & 5 dives @ Racha Yai & Racha Noi Islands. He is helpful, professional & he got me into 'dive mode' real fast. Having lived in Phuket for 8 years, he is very well versed with the dive sites & he can even give great advises for good food & ground arrangements for tours etc. If you're wondering whether you'll be forking out a great deal of cash for a private dive buddy / instructor... Simon offers his great service at a very reasonable price. I wished I had more time to explore more dive sites in Phuket. I will definitely dive with him again.

simon a, Owner at Phuket Dive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

thank you for posting a review as a trip advisor customer its so important to post a review after the adventure.... thank you as so many people unfortunatly cant or dont reply an experience. regards simon

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited Phuket/Chalong primarily to train at Tiger Muay Thai for the month of August 2013. I had always had the idea of getting my open water certificate abroad as opposed to the Uk and whilst walking around the various locations and seeing the numerous dive shops the temptation became too great. Due to the number of shops, a bit of research was needed and I found that on average the price was approx 14500 baht for the o/w. One site stood out as cheaper and I was pleased to find that the shop was only a stone's throw from my accomodation, and no more than a 5 min walk from Tiger. I spoke to Dave, the owner and within an hour had decided on diving with his company. A feature that appealed to me was the fact that I recieved the manual and instructional dvd's 2 days before the start date, which meant that by the first day, which was spent in the pool, I was already in a position to do the pre-final exam quizzes. This ultimately meant more time in the pool doing practical skills as opposed to being in a classroom as many of the other courses seemed to require. On the 2/3 day I spent the day on a boat diving at Ko Racha Yai island, with Dave transporting us to and from the boat and dive shop. As stated above due to the time before to study the manual, I took and passed the final exam prior to the first open water dive on the 2nd day and so had the full two days to concentrate on practical skills and to enjoy the diving rather than have the thought of having to pass an exam in the back of my mind. The boat was large enough that, even when full, had lots of space. There was breakfast, lunch and a post dive snack which was well needed after building up the appetite diving. All of this was included in the cost of the course.

My instructor was Miyuki Katada from Japan. She was very thorough in her approach to teaching, making sure I understood all of the theory before entering the pool. Whilst moving quickly through the practical skills that I showed I could complete, I struggled on one or two things and she was very patient, taking the time to fully get a grasp on the skill before moving on. During the open dive I was expecting to complete the skills and not do much else, however Miyuki made sure that I got the most out of the dive and we actually spent most of the 40 minutes per dive exploring the reefs and pointing out the different wildlife on view.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Dave's company. The course was delivered in an efficient yet thorough manner, Dave was friendly and informative on the dive scene as well as the local area. Miyuki was an excellent instructor and made me feel very comfortable in the water and confident of my abilties whilst diving. The course is the cheapest I was able to find in the area, probably due to the fact that there is little classroom time. This doesn't mean however that you can just kit up and jump in, you do need to be disciplined enough to actually learn the theory prior to starting, but once you do it means that you can enjoy the diving a whole lot more. Should I return to this area again (which is highly likely), I will be using Daves company again.
Nathan - UK