Foto Hotel
Metadee Resort and Villas(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$222
$206
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$108
$79
  • Breakfast included
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$162
Agoda.com
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
  • Breakfast included
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$146
$132
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$637
$136
$68
HotelsClick
All reviewstiffin mamaocean hallrooftop poolsteep hillteddy bearfree mini barbig bearoutdoor bathtubthe ocean view roomstylish hotelmassive bedday bedwalk upair conkata noishuttle busrent a scooter
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Before booking this hotel I took on board both the negative and the positive feedback in previous reviews. However the hotel was better than I had ever imagined. The majority of complaints were about the steps within the hotel, the hill to get there and the staff being rude.

Firstly, with the view that is available from the hotel balconies as well as the pool/restaurant hills and steps are only to be expected. We were on the lower levels and it was 4 flights max. As for the hill, yes it is steep however if it bothers you to walk up and down there are tuk tuks available for 200 baht and a free shuttle three times a day. The only improvement to the hotel would be offering the shuttle more frequently. the hill/steps did not affect our stay whatsoever.

Secondly, All staff were friendly and hospitable from the very first day of our stay up until the last day. They are very helpful and always offer their assistance with a smile.

The hotel rooms are spotless and the design is appealing, I loved the shower and the gigantic bed!

Kata beach is absolutely stunning and I would definitely recommend taking the short walk up the hill to the After Beach Bar for a sunset dinner, you will not regret the food of view.

We always looked forward to coming back to our hotel to relax after our long days of activities and sightseeing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thefoto, Manager at Foto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Mikicak,

Thank you for your lovely compliments. We are happy to hear you had enjoyed your holidays with us and our overall services were satisfactory. We hope you would consider us again for your next holidays and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you & best regards, Management Team.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Foto Hotel is unusual with its monochrome theme and modern design. My hall room with a balcony leading onto a private sunbathing area was beautiful with a gorgeous large bathtub and wet room shower. The room really was super. I was impressed that breakfast went on until 1pm and the staff did a pretty good job of keeping everything stocked up and fresh in the buffet.

The pool area is immaculate and there are great cushions and chairs to sunbathe on. The views over the bays of Kata are breathtaking and the hotel has a perfect view of the sunset.

The receptionist staff and attitude of waiting staff are what really brings this review down. Simple questions such as "where are the nearest restaurants?", "can you recommend a restauraunt?", "can you book a can?" were responded to with "no" or "I don't know". I was a solo traveller and asked if it was safe walking to the restaurants up the hill and the staff just shrugged. When I asked whether it was possible to get a cab on a metre to the airport I was told I would have to walk down the very steep hill and for 15-20 minutes with my case to find a tax - inevitably I chose their overpriced airport transfer - 500 baht more expensive than on a metre to the hotel. Even giving in your key, which I was asked to do, when you leave the hotel was as if it was the greatest effort on earth. I had the wrong breakfast brought to me as well as the wrong drink and they never come around and ask you if they can get you a drink until it hits happy hour.

Overall, the staff made this stay very hard work and combined with the out of town location I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel687
Reviewed February 25, 2014

was an expected holiday in this beautiful place, many times in Thailand will be back here for sure. Very helpful khun Nong help a lot, the view point is really amazing will not leave this place specially during sunset.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john b
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I absolutely loved the Foto Hotel. From the moment I went up to the top floor and saw the breathtaking views and the infinity pool, I was hooked!

Then you get shown your room… WOW! The biggest bed I have ever seen and a bathtub on the balcony.

Some people were saying the service and staff weren't great but that wasn't my experience at all.

Really the views are outstanding and it's lovely and quiet as it's just up the hill so away from all the noise, perfect for relaxation.

The styling of the hotel really appealed to me, it's so cool and ultra trendy with the occasional quirky Teddy Bear thrown in :)

A totally fabulous place and I loved every minute of my stay!

Lorri Delahunty
Fleet, Hampshire, UK

Room Tip: Definitely try and get one of the rooms with a bath rub on the balcony, incredible!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lorri D
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent 6 nights here as part of a 2 week trip to Thailand. Overall we were impressed with Foto Hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms were large with iPod speaker, smart tv, free mini-bar and one of the comfiest beds I've slept on. The pool is lovely with comfy pod like loungers and great views. The restaurant was ok, we only had lunch twice and drinks...bear in mind everything gets put on your room tab for payment on check out. The hotel is a bit of a maze if you are in some of the rooms further down the hill. Also some areas are a little worn i.e. Paintwork around the pool. Kata beach is just down the hill, less than a 10min walk away. It's over an hour from the airport but I think that goes for most resorts in Phuket. It's a hotel that's very different to other places we've stayed and definitely worth a visit!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple