“Great food, wine and service!”

Wine Connection Bar & Grill - Kata Beach
Ranked #30 of 171 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: New branch opened recently in Kata. Already one in Patong & Chalong. We had good food & good service. Thai food very reasonably priced & European food servings looked huge.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

we have been here 3 times in the last 6 days of our trip. Yes, the prices are not "Thai" prices, but the food is great. After traveling S.E.A for the last few months, we have needed good wine and some western-euro food! we had the tuna steak and smoked salmon, along with a great bottle of wine and dessert for only $50 usd. the quality of the food is worth it. We have had the chile and meat pizza and the roasted chix as well a couple of nights ago- amazing!!! for lunch my bf had the hamburger and he LOVED it, i had the salmon pasta- that was my least favorite meal. I think it had to do with the cream sauce more than the homemade pasta itself. Great prices, quality food and i dont mind paying a service charge, as i always tip anyways. go enjoy, i wish we had found this gem on our first night in Phuket!!

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Nice enough place. Music is too clubby for a restaurant. Trying out the kata center location after poor experience at chalong. House wine is terrible and pumped from a large machine, who knows what's mixed in there. The dregs of all the previously opened bottles perhaps. A service charge is a joke here as the servers could care less. Who knows how wine connection decides where that 10% goes anyways. Don't pretend this isn't Thailand. I want to know where my money goes and why it goes there. If my server does a great job I will tip accordingly. Don't add a service charge to subsidize food/labour costs.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant is hip and fantastic. It has upmarket decor and makes you feel really special however the prices are extremely cheap and the food delicious.

They have a wonderful selection of food including western and thai all at extremely reasonable prices. Even the wine, (Which is extremely expensive in Thailand) was cheap under $20 a bottle.

I loved this wonderful restaurant and ate here numerous times on our 3 week stay.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Nicely decorated open air western restaurant/bar. Have different zones for die and drink with nice music. BBQ being cooked in a dine zone. Good selection of food with no Thai price. But worth it! Will be back for another glass of wine with tuna steak:-)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

we dined her twice whilst in Kata. Once for lunch, once for dinner. Thoroughly enjoyed both meals - all our choices were excellent. Drinks were very nice too. Can particularly recommend the mushroom risotto.
Good atmosphere with lots of families, couples. service prompt and efficient and meals come very quickly. my only gripe is paying via credit card - the card was gone for AGES which concerned me being a new visitor to Thailand. Some nice shops in the area too.