“standard steak house”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

not amazing bit expensive for what it is, wouldn't recommend it as service was slow and there are sales people passing on the road side harassing you, id recommend a rester aunt slightly off the road to avoid this

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went here on a week night. Since they took American Express, and I had not been to currency exchange decided to try. The service was not that good and there seemed to be plenty of staff, and it was not crowded. Both steaks were not cooked as ordered, and the baked potato was almost impossible to cut with a knife. It tasted as if it was reheated several times.
When I went to pay the bill with my Amex, I was told, "Sorry, we do not accept Amex". The welcome sign said American Express accepted here. I asked and the waitress shrugged, and said sometimes we do not take. I then asked to speak to the manager, and was told "No manager here." I paid in cash, but if this experience is standard, I would not return to ANY Buffalo
Steak house in the future.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We came here by mistake!
We read the mixed reviews and wanted to avoid this place but then mixed it up with the neighbouring steak house that we wanted to go to instead.
Already our reception was disappointing. The waitress looked annoyed, like she did for the rest of our stay - very different to all other places we have been to in Thailand!
Food was a disappointment, too. My wife didn´t finish her steak, the vegetables that came along with it were as tasteless as the steak. The mushrooms on my pizza came from a can and our daughters fries were quite greasy.
Compared to the quality of the food, prices are outrageous.
The only positive thing is the free salad buffet. There are the usual tree types of salads, but the garlic salad sauce was very tasty.
When we left, the waitress first checked how much tip we left.

Nevertheless, the place was packed, I have no idea why.

5  Thank Marchlewski
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Pros:
Atmosphere is good, free salad, manager is willing to satisfy.

Cons:
- We tried two types of hamburgers: the Swedish Hamburger Steak was terrible, it was of the industrial finely ground beef type, and it was both looked bad and tasted bad. Lucky me that the shift manager replaced it for a Buffalo Hamburger. Now we both had the same Buffalo hamburger, which was too salty, and very dry.
- We ordered ice tee and beer. The ice tee was served in a glass (not a Leapton can like in most retaurants around), and it tasted terrible.
- Prices of local beers are twice the price compared to other restaurants around.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I normally dont post reviews unless I have a below average experience or such a fantastic experience that my memory of the trip is attached to that place.

We spent 8 days in Phuket in a big group of 12 people and on the 2nd day late afternoon after we woke up decided to grab a bite at the Buffalo Steak House.
WOW!! I have never seen servers so attentive to our group and so smiling. Normally when you have a large group you get food late and not everyone gets it at the same time, which means half your friends leave before you finish dessert. Here, the manager must be given Kudos because we had 4 ever smiling servers allocated to our table who made sure our appetisers were placed a few moments after our beers were served, and everyones Steak came out at the same time. Amazing Steaks!!! I would say for sure the best in town.
We had dinner at both the Kata locations, alternating between each one every night as we were hooked to the Steaks and the group decided we must try them all before we leave. Food was always served piping hot, and the quality is just like any good restaurant in Europe. Their Wagyu is mind blowing!
All in all a very good experience and more so because when we travel as a group not everyone can agree to one common place for meals, but in our case everyone agreed that Buffalo Steak House was where we would get together for dinner and whats a holiday without a good steak!
If you are reading this, then Thank You Guys for making our meals memorable !!

1  Thank sam s