“Up the hill is our honeymoon villa”

Peach Hill Hotel & Resort
Ranked #42 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Peach HIll is as its name implies is up a hill in a quiet beautiful area in Kata Beach. Once down the hill there are plenty of restaurants, shops, money exchange and even Starbucks. Just down the road is beautiful Kata Beach with free shuttles if you wish. The staff here is great; our taxi driver became our primary driver to town, showing us his favorite restaurant and waiting for us for hours as we had medical appts. The hill was a bit challenging to get up to the pools and breakfast area. However, that also gave us wonderful views, the back of the big Buddah and some awesome sunrises. Our villa with private jacuzzi was private and the room was very spacious and comfortable. The hill could be a problem for the elderly or physically challenged if you had to actually walk into town and back to Peach Hill. Wonderful and beautiful honeymoon welcome with swan towels in a heart and plenty of fresh flowers.We got a great deal during this rainy season.

Room Tip: Luxury of the villa was better than a suite in a many room hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDFreney
There are newer reviews for Peach Hill Hotel & Resort

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at Peach Hill with a friend for 6 nights in November. We got a great deal on Wotif secret hotel.Overall we were very pleased with our choice. The best feature were the three excellent pools. As long as you have average level of mobility the location is good. Only a short stroll down the hill takes you into the heart of the kata beach area. The rooms have all the features you would want in a four star resort, although not brand new they are well kept and clean with a good view over Kata Beach. Disappointed that there was no free wifi as wifi is not cheap in Phuket! Over all we would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Peach hill is a beautiful hotel the rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful, there are two ways to get to the main street either walk down the hill or go through the back down the stairs on the way to the @peach restaraunt, great cardio u dont even know ur excercising as you get used to it day by day. There are taxis just across the road, its in a very quiet location but still mins way from the main center.The breakfast was nice but the menu needs a little more variety/change, the whole time it was the same.The rooms are all airconditioned and you control the temp,the only down side was the delux rooms diddnt have a double bed they had to join two single beds together which was a bit uncomfortable if u woke up in the middle... other than that fresh towels daill two bottles of water free daily and a room safe that you make the combination to.Chabu pool was the only one of the three open as its low season and its beautiful the pool bar makes lovely drinks and you can order food too fun and very relaxing,Great value at around $50 AUD a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissEkk
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Well, my friend and I stayed there for 10 days and one thing i can tell for sure - you'll become fitted while staying in this hotel! As it's situated on the hill you're working out at least twice a day (if you are lucky not to forget anything in your room;)) We weren't bother as we are into sports, but for older people, couples with small kids and people with overweight it can be a problem...
And other funny thing is that you have this up and down trips (stairs) down to your room between the blocks. It's ok when you're not carrying anything heavy and if you're not drunken (otherwise you can get lost - my friend did it couple of times;))
In general all is good. Rooms are clean, but not very fresh, we had one with a nice balcony. Staff is quite friendly but not as it was even 5 years ago.
They have nice views from the swimming pool next to the breakfast area.
And anyways you'll be totally happy in Thailand if you're with right company and right attitude!!!!
Felling jealous you're getting there)))))))))))))))

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daria09
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Excellent rooms, customer service, food, pools, and pool bar!! The hotel is in a good location for wandering around town and going to nearby beaches. There are a lot of restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is atop a big hill, but I preferred to take the stairs up to the hotel. I didn't find it to be a big deal. A wonderful and relaxing place! I ate in the restaurant several nights I was there and found the food to be excellent. I spent a lot of time at the pools and found them to be wonderful as well. I cannot complain about anything.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Rooms are in good condition with leisure environment as compared to Patong Beach which is more commercialized. I love it so much. The staffs here are very friendly and helpful. I really appreciate for their high quality services. Most importantly, the staffs helped me to execute my marriage proposal to my girl friend smoothly and romantically. Thanks you guys so much. Highly recommended for tourists. Great!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Thus is the second time I have stayed here and actually requested to come back to this hotel specifically due it's location and room size. However, my experience this fine was completely different!

Before booking with the agent I requested that we specifically have a room that has 3 proper beds and not a room designed for 2 and then a camp bed put in. This was not the case and although our first room was big enough for 3 people our second room was not. I now understand from the hotel staff (no mgr graced us with their presence during our stay to help rectify any of our issues) that this is standard across Thailand! I also requested that we stay in Peach White as my mother is in her 60s and the hill to Peach Hill is challenging for the young and fit. Again this request was not met initially and we had to ask to be moved. We were informed that we could only stay in peach White for 8 out of the 10 days due to refurbishment and would have to move back to Peach Hill for the last 2 days.

Initially our stay was ok until I got temporary hair dye on two of the bath towels and was presented with an 800 baht (£17) bill to replace them. When I spoke to the receptionist and I presume some form of a manager over the phone, I was told that they had tried to wash the stains out but no luck. I use this dye on my hair at home and know full well that it washes out quite easily. Therefore, I said I would wash them myself which I did by putting them in a sink of water with showr gel and hey presto after 2 hours clean as a whistle. This leads me to believe that either they dont wash their towels or just saw the opportunity to make a bit of money out of a naieve tourist! I obviously complained and asked to see the mgr to which I am still waiting!

One morning I made tea in my room and took it to breakfast due to using my home brought tea bags. Unfortunately, I left the cup in the restaurant and didn't think much of it until we changed rooms and the receptionist informed that it was missing. I explained what happened and thought no more of the matter until we checked out and was produced with a bill for the cup. I refused to pay and asked to see the manager who I was told was to busy to come down but could speak to me over the phone! The taxi we booked to take us to the airport would not take us due to the cup bill and we therefore decided to walk down the steep hill with our luggage to find another. On our way out, the receptionist informed us that we had to pay for the cup and if we didn't she would call the police! Needless to say, I kindly asked her to do so!

We spent the next hour in the taxi wondering whether I would be I arrested at Phuket airport for a 100 baht cup!

I have been all over Thailand in the last 10 yrs and stayed in many different styles of accommodation from beach huts to 5 star resorts. This has to be the most pathetic attempt of swindling more money out of tourists than ever which has compelled me to write this review.

If you choose Peach Hill, firstly stay in Peach White as the rooms are twice the size, are more modern and you don't have the hill from hell to walk up every day. More importantly be extremely careful with all hotel property as it could cost you financially or potentially even arrested!!!

Excuse any spelling errors but I am typing from my phone at the airport still fuming!!

• Stayed: May 2011
#28 of 56 in Kata Beach
Orchidacea Resort
Orchidacea Resort
#20 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Peach Hill Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!