RNR Eco Adventures Pool Villa Resort & Hostel
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and i had a great time. The staff there are so freindly and helpful and the place itself is very relaxing. Stayed in a mixed dorm bed was a good size the room had a balcony had no problems at all and towels were provided which was good. A really good place to meet people and a decent base in Phuket. Would go back just to stay there.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Ricky Z, Owner at RNR Eco Adventures Pool Villa Resort & Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Andy, Thank you so much for your kind review... We are really working on so much here at RNR to improve and support our guests in their adventures and it's the responses such as these give us even more motivation to keep building a better place and a better atmosphere. Looking forward to your next visit and we will have something a little extra when you arrive.
Wishing you Safe and Fun Adventures, Ricky

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at RnR's with four other friends for a few days and enjoyed it thoroughly. Ricky and basically all the staff there are so friendly, helpful and overall just lovely! Smiles all around :)) Definitely one of the best hostels i've stayed in, and the beds were comfy, rooms were clean, bar downstairs was great for socialising. This place will definitely be a benchmark for other hostels I visit in future :D

Thanks guys for a great time!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for three days, but wish I stayed longer! Everyone here makes you feel like your home away from home. The place is immaculate. The food was the best I had in Asia! The bar was really fun too! I wasn't super hot on Phuket as a whole, but this was one the best places I stayed in Asia.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I booked 4 nights but actually stayed 1 week and a half in R N' R Hostel in Kata. Rick and his lovely team of girls are just so nice and friendly. It's a great place for learning diving too with Joe on board for awesome diving adventures around Phuket (one of the best place in the world for diving).
I'm very grateful for my stay and hope to come back you. See you guys and take care,
Julien

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Based on the numerous positive reviews, I booked two nights at RNR to start my 2.5 week vacation in Thailand. After being welcomed by Ricky, the owner, like an old friend, I knew that two nights wouldn't be enough. The dorms are great, the beds are a little wider than normal and super comfortable. All the rooms I saw were always clean and inviting.
It didn't take long until I learned about Ricky's passion for diving and his obsession with night dives at "his" reef at Kata Beach. After seeing some awesome underwater photos he took, I decided to stay a little longer and take the Open Water Course with Joe, R N' R Eco Adventures' awesome instructor.

In the mornings a lady called Ben prepares the best breakfast you can imagine, followed by awesome lunch and the Thai food you can order at Rick N Roll Music Cafe in the evenings is the best I've had during my time in Thailand.

At night there was always a fun bunch of people at the bar and I never felt like I was travelling alone. The bar staff at night didn't speak English as well as the staff during the day but they would still always try their best to communicate.

I also booked transportation with Nida during the day and felt like she knew exactly what she was doing and tried to find the best/fastest/cheapest way to get around.

Long story short, after I have left RNR I only lasted 3 nights somewhere else and decided to go back to do my Advanced diving course. Ricky and Joe both went out of their way to make it as fun and exciting as possible and I spent a couple of amazing days diving with them (including sharks, seahorses and all kinds of other cool stuff :) )

I highly recommend Rick N Roll Music Cafe as well as RNR Hostel and R N' R Eco Adventures. If you get a chance stop by. I know I definitely want to go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank amv90
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My friend and I run into this place for a drink at the last night of our Phuket trip in June. We had a great time there with the guests there and Ricky(the owner of RNR). Ricky made us laugh so badly!! The staff are incredible!! What they offer you is much more than just a drink, you will know what I am talking about when you come here! They helped us booked the taxi to the airport and it is 300 Baht cheaper than the price that my hotel offered us.
I planned to get my Padi Scuba Diving Cert in Malaysia in July, I end up changing my plan after I talked to Ricky, he told me that his hostel has this package for scuba diving.After I checked the price, it is way cheaper than what it is in Malaysia. So all I need to do is get a cheap air ticket and fly there, and that is what I did !! Btw, the owner Ricky is an awesome kindhearted guy,full of energy, you will never feel bored around him. He loves diving and wildlife, he even started a website to protect the sea.I appreciate that a lot!!
I stayed 4 days in RNR learning Scuba diving with Joe (the instructor there), I can barely swim and my knowledge of diving was terrible, but with Joe's help and 4 days' hard working, I passed the final exam and got certified, Wooohooo~ I'm a diver now.

P.s. Don't forget to try the lovely lady Ben's food, best sandwich/burger in the street!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here twice in my 4 month trip around Asia. The people were friendly and fun and the place feels like a home away from home! I even got my advanced padi scuba diving done here and it was great fun and the instructor (Lauren this time) was very easy to work with.
I highly recommend this place as a hostel, a tour company, a bar for drinks and a dive company :)
If you are looking for a fun, friendly party hostel away from patong, this is the place!
Hot showers, good food, air conditioning (if you wish for that room) and best of all, the best staff you will ever come across!
I am already planning my next trip here for more diving! :)

Room Tip: If you want air conditioning make sure you ask for it but all the rooms are good! :)