We stayed in 2 hotels while we were in Kata. This one, and the Kata Palm which was more expensive. The location for this one (Tropical Garden) is excellent. You just walk across the road, through the shops and restaurant (which I thoroughly recommend for a drink at sunset, the burgers are real good value if you're sick of thai food already), and you're on the beach. The other hotels are a bit of a walk because there's only certain places that you can enter Kata Beach.
There are lots of stairs though since it is up a hill, so just beware when booking if you have limited mobility. Lots of Russians too, just so you know. Oh, and don't leave your luggage in the foyer when the Chinese tour buses are leaving because they will take your luggage with them to the airport! It happened to me and while it was very distressing, I realised very soon after it happened and the hotel reacted very quickly with one of the bell boys speeding after them and getting my luggage back. This was the 2nd time it happened apparently.
So, while the range of breakfast items were probably not as wide as other places, the taste and quality were really really good. There was plenty of food and it didn't run out which was great. The man who cooked the eggs was really smiley and friendly.
Down on the road and just right of the hotel there is a little fruit shop with gorgeous tropical fruit. Also there is a man there cooking banana pancakes which were just delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia and Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach