We arrived and promptly we shown our room, up 3 very steep steps of 40 odd steps, then an old lift that worked some times, so if it didnt we had towalk another 3 flights of steps. Day Two the toilet would not flush, we had staff fix it, then day 3 same thing, so we told reception that we were going out to dina and have it fixed while we were away, came back 3 hours later and the smell of sewerage stunk us out and then 3 hours for them to fix the problem, that day they went crook at me for having the balcony door open, I was gagging at the stink and wanted to sit on the balcony, at 11 pm they had it unblocked, but the cleaning staff was off duty so I had to end up cleaning it myself. We also got them to fix the TV that came off the ark, they did by belting it on the side. Day 4 same thing happened, we demanded another room. They told my husband that he didnt know how to flush the toilet so it would not block.
So the knew room had a better view, but we had to walk another 44 steep steps and use another lift up 3 flights of stairs, this lift was always working, thank God as I could not have walked up many more steps. No toilet issues, but the TV in this room had sound issues- worked, then didnt for the next hour then would work. ALso every morning the power stopped working for about an hour.
We spent most of the time across the road on the beach, awesome beach as we didnt use the pool as I realised that there was no filter working. We accidentally used a bottle of water from the bar fridge, so we went across the road and purchased the exact same bottle and replaced it, but we were issued with a bill as the resort uses a DYMO label maker and writes the name of the resort and puts it on all product in the fridge, the head of the housekeeping rang me on the phone and was so rude to me, totally rude. Management is rude and staff is also. Dont ask for late checkout, it is plain in their ads, and their own resort book they leave in your room, but ask for it and the response is a flat NO, we dont do late checkout. The whole resort is tired looking and needs some TLC and knew staff, but you get what you pay for I guess. Love Phucket and have been there many times, but dont use this resort. Not for the elderly or those with prams. Breakfast was average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach