The location was great ... only across the road and 10 steps down to the beach. I think people who say that the beach was far probably drive to their local bakery that is like 2 blocks away... It is literally across the road and 20 meters away after that downhill.
The staff was very friendly and polite and eager to help.
The rooms were very clean, and perhaps the only thing needed would be a more up to date larger TV. The bathroom was nice as well everything was working fine. The room needed some care as it id slightly dated but we weren't in them much apart from a shower and to sleep.
People who give this hotel bad reviews forget that it is not a 5 star and that for the price, the hotel is great and in great location!
We stayed in the 3rd floor and I agree that the higher you are the better it is view and noise wise, although when you shut the windows, you can't hear a lot.
The only reason I am giving 4 star is the breakfast, loved the eggs, but generally I would like more good quality food and better fruit juices. The fresh fruit was nice though :)
I didn't try the hotel food because we mainly ate out to try local cuisine. Also I must admit the hotel spa is expensive (for the area) ... you can have the same treatments on the beach for the fraction of the hotel price late in the afternoon listening to the sound of the waves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach