“OMG what awefull!”

Andaman Cannacia Resort
Ranked #28 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The only nice thing they had was a nice view. The breakfast is very bad. Not much choice or full of tiny flies. Only one eggstation...so you had to wait a long time. A lot of time the coffee being served was cold.

In the swimming pool you had to use the stairs in the 1.60 meter deep end. Not much problems if you are bigger than 1.80. The poolbar was not open and so you had to go up some stairs to get a drink. The beach is far away (and not a beautiful beach). it is full of salespeople.

In the Ban Yenrestaurant is it very expensive. Do not forget that if je see the price you also have to pay 10 taxes and 7% service charge (= total 17%) more. If you go eat in the restaurants downhill you have normal prices in the menu's. Also they are much cheaper than Ban Yen. And Ban yenrestaurant is alsmost empty everyday during the evening because everybody is going to different restaurants. So also the joy of people around is gone. The music they play is probably a tape. They play it every day. Also in the resort is not enough lights...so we had to walk around with a flashlight during the evening/night.

Also they say the bellboy is not comming during the night, but in the brochures was bellboyservice 24/7. We alsmost had a problem because they did not wanted to send him.

For me...if i go back to phuket then i will not go to this resort anymore. I will not go up to a high hill for a very bad service and food while downhill you get more service and smiles at a cheaper price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank erwin s
There are newer reviews for Andaman Cannacia Resort

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Located far away from the crowded area near Kata beach, perfect location for a relaxing holiday with your family.Beautiful property with an excellent view of the Andaman sea.They have nice and clean swimming pools , poolside bar, live bands in the evenings and good breakfast buffet.
The rooms are nice and big, the staff is friendly and helpful.They have a shuttle service from the Hotel to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NehaKaul20
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very beautiful hotel, I will definitely stay there again. The bed was nice and big, the room was clean. The staff was really friendly and helpful, must just work on their English a bit. They had nice evenings there with live bands and buffet meals... Really nice food to choose from. Perfect location with beautiful pools and views.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverley_Barnard
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I went earlier than the date above, I went in 2005.
So it's yonks ago but I thought it worth writing about.
I can't speak highly enough of the staff at the Andaman cannacia.and peach hill.
I visited earlier than the date above (2005) but couldn't add that date. Just wanted to share my experience of this beautiful place.
Got married here..they are outstanding value for money and treated us like family.
Lily,Raat and the parents were super helpful.they lent us Thai clothing,threw us a honeymoon party on the beach, the hotel's owner acted as the father of the bride & gave me away, his first time ever!

The views from the hotel are stunning,as it overlooks the bay. There is a choice of rooms to suit budgets. Ours had an outdoor jacuzzi,overlooking the bay. It was beyond my expectations. When the local wildlife made a beeline for our room the hotel arranged for some trees to be pruned the very next morning.we felt safe & secure like a home from home.the food we ate there was amazing too!
it's near enough but far enough from the nightlife too.
it took me some time to get used to seeing the geckos/lizards on the walls...and beware the sunset mosquito witching hour! Deet up!! I was so sad to leave this outstanding place...they even send us Christmas cards months/years after getting married,that's how nice they are. I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank hellskels
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Booked at the low season last year, the tariff worked out at 26 Pounds Sterling (GBP) per night. Once understood that it is Asian style, i.e. decor, service, and most of the food, it turned out to be great value for money. Location is just at the right balance too, not in the middle of the slum at beach level, high enough to be tsunami-proof and yet 2 minutes tuktuk from it all.
We took friends' recommendations to hire a car from the airport and the hotel was perfect in that it is on the road out of the mess towards the relatively untouched beaches down south, just 10 minutes drive. Hugely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipBacon
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Checked in 19th of May
Check out 22nd of May 2013

this property is seriously over rated, if you are traveling to Phuket and has chosen kata as your preferred location please do your self a favor and research more about this property. First of all, the ranking in agoda is ridiculous and unbelievable!!! The property with all honesty is not even close to what it looks like in REAL LIFE!!!

the service was awful and receptionist are unable to communicate in a professional nor polite manner. they are seriously over manned but the staff doesn't seem to be interested to their guest.

My first night was terrible, I didn't sleept well and i was comfortable with the room to top it off the bed has SANDS ON IT!! Underneath the sheets it was rather irritating specially when you just finished shower and looking to a good night sleep..

The next day after breakfast, I shared with the receptionist politely that I would wish to shift to another room.. As i understand that the property is running below 20% occupancy when I checked in.. The first two receptionist could make decision so they called the other receptionist in the lobby to ask for her permission.. Without acknowledging my presence she spoke directly to the other receptionist and lean her body against the wall, sigh and make face saying BUT SHE REQUESTED IT.. She continued to speak to the other receptionist insisting that it was my fault as I've requested for this room. As a paying guest, what would you feel? As a staff what should you do? THE PROPERTY AND STAFF'S main priority should me TO ENSURE EVERY GUEST STAY IS A COMFORTABLE AN RELAXING ONE.. But this people from andaman cannacia doesn't have emphaty towards their guest.. Service is terrible and receptionist were rude.

The wifi is NOT free, breakfast is ridiculously not good, service in the restaurant is poor.. Every single day there are 8 staff in the restaurant excluding the manager and WE as guest ends up pouring our own coffee, there is no anticipation BUT CHATTING within themselves.

BUT THE WORST THING IS THAT THE ROOM IS DISGUSTING AND DIRTY..

Let the pictures speak of itself

Personally, if you rate your property four star it is rather disappointing that you do not equip your employees with proper training and guidance.

There is no duty manager to address your concerns and nobody takes ownership.. If you stay in this property you can expect the following:

1.dirty bed
2.soiled linen, no comforters
3.no wifi
4.edible breakfast
5.dirty tub
6.accumulating mold to the faucet
7.mold around the shared toiletries ( they don't change it, they just refill those) -I didn't use them
8.dirty sink
9. Terrible reception staff
10. Struggle with communication with staff

If you are looking for a place to stay in kata, please do your research, with the rate they are charging i could have gotten a more comfortable property to stay.. Please do not make the same mistake that I did and dont trust ranking in agoda.. Bottom line, I've learned my lesson as a consumer and as the staff that I shared my experiences in this property told me "there's nothing they can do" this is the worst response ever!

I am never going to come back to this property ever in my lifetime and I WILL NEVER AND DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank AprilleLayco
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Well we arrived and the reception staff were wonderful but limited English offered us a cold lavender towel and cold drink on arrival and porter came for our bags. took us to our booked room a Garden Villa Spa room, which from the website preview seemed to be the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst enjoying amazing views of Kata Beach from your own private spa. To our shock and horror, these rooms, whilst comfortable and reasonably well equipped, were actually underground, and the rooms had no view at all. Being underground, build into the side of the hill, meant that the rooms were dark, dingy, and always had an earthy and musty smell about them. With no form of natural lighting to speak of, it felt like we were locked away in a prison cell. The spa is in need of repair and clean! The room was decorated beautifully thou. Grounds are in need of maintenance and repair with the pavers.Room service was good but you get no milk in your fridge but do get 2 bottles complimentary water everyday. We had buffet breakfast included, no variety and don't serve bacon!! very limited selection, lunch you order and takes 1/2 to arrive we think the meals at lunch time come from off site. Ordered a cappuccino only to be served with NO MILK. Small portions and expensive. Dinner well what a joke small meals and tasteless. Would not recommend eating here at all. Location was so out of the way resort up a very steep hill and tuk tuk expensive some 300 baht from Horn Grill Steak bar. Courtesy shuttle does not run often enough and during the day drops you off in the middle of Kata beach so if you are not going to the beach you need to walk about 10 minutes to get to where the tuk tuks are. Night time they drop you off at one location Peach Restaurant and pick up you up at another Blossom but forget to tell you miss communication and not a lot of English. Mozzies are a real problem at this resort. Due to non English speaking and location won't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple