Centara Kata Resort Phuket
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$277
$259
Great 4.5/5
The Beach Heights Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
$65
Very Good 4/5
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Pool
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$254
$231
Great 4.5/5
The Beach Boutique House(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
$50
Very Good 4/5
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
Very Good 4/5
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
Official Website
Great 4.5/5
PGS Hotels Casa Del Sol(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$34
$29
  • Breakfast included
Chanalai Romantica Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
Great 4.5/5
Casa e Mare(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$32
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsemerald poolkids clubwaves poolfamily suiteseasons restaurantpool partyadult poolquiet poolground floorfamily holidaypool barmain poollow seasonmassage placesgreat holidayclose to shopstuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have just had 4 days at this hotel. Grandparents with son, daughter and 4 year old grandson. On a positive note, the pools are good though they are not washed down every night. The food at lunch and dinner was also good.
Breakfasts were awful, warm water for tea, not hot, horrible coffee, cold waffles, half cooked crepe pancakes, staff looking like they would like to be anywhere but there. Even the grandchild didn't want to go for breakfast on the last day as he said it was "yuk".
It also said 5-10 minute walk to the beach, it is that but in the free bus the hotel runs.
The hotel is also very dated with really hard beds, face clothes were not replaced in the time we were there.
I would say this would only ever be a 3 star hotel.
I would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank STERLOCHY
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review although I was sad to hear that you and your family were not fully satisfied on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for the kind words about staff and food in general, but am dissapointed to hear about your bad experience during breakfast. This should have not been the case as we have recently upgraded our breakfast selecten. I can only sincerely appologise at this stage as I fully agree with you, that some of the things you mentioned are not acceptable. This is certainly something we will be working one.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We spent nice 2 weeks in this hotel for our winter holiday with my husband and two kids. We had selected hotel room knowing that there would have been bigger rooms for us 4. We had a room 3rd floor by Waves pool. Kids had big bed to share and bathroom was nice sized. Otherwise there was no extra space. Also beds were very hard, but having the tip from here to ask for extra topping it was mainly solved.

Best part of hotel are the pools. We always found free sunbeds when needing and the two pool area were in nice way different. My girl learned to swim in the pool like did her friend year ago.

Breakfast has good selection and we were happy to have it included to hotel room. I also recommend to eat at hotel on their special evenings. Food/drink at hotel is bit more expensive than on surrounding restaurants, but good choice time to time. Kids favorite smoothie was blue raspberry at the hotel.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Time to time there though was some misunderstanding if making unexpected question. This was common on our Thailand visit and luckily they looked for colleague to speak with. Special thanks for hotel security guards for real nice approach on passing by hotel guests. Majority of hotel guests are from Nordic countries and Russia. But there seemed to be wide variety of nationalities.

Recommend to try different restaurants and book trips to islands and Phuket Fantasea from nearby booths. Kata beach is nice for kids. There is somewhat walk around the block in between hotel and beach. One day we walked to Karon beach and tried also other beaches.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about our pools and the rcommendation for our theme nights. We do try to accommodate a variety of option and am happy to hear your enjoyed them

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for 4 days at this resort. This resort is good for a family not for a couples. Too many kids around a little bit noisy and crowded at the pool. So if you are a couple travelling this is not the one for you. The breakfast were good. The service is good, the staff were friendly over all this is a good hotel and its just few minutes away from the shops.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your kind comments about service and staff.

It is very true that the resort is very much a family resort with children activities. We do however also cater for couples by offering a pool area near the SPA for Adults only as well as certain rooms in a quieter location.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at the Centara Kata Resort for a week in October 2013 with our 18 month old little boy. We were given a suite on the bottom floor right near the pool. The reason we came here was that we had our own separate bedroom so we could enjoy our honeymoon. The pool was good and there was a baby pool which was great for our little boy. The location of the resort was good as there were several great massage shops and restaurants out the front door. The only problem with the location was it was hard to get to the beach as the footpaths around the hotel are no good for prams.
I was impressed by the new general manager, forgotten her name (lovely German woman) who greeted us and made us feel welcome.
Overall was a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Josh R

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this nice review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and that the accommodation you selected suited your vacation.

It is true that the ground floor rooms near the pools are an excellent choice when travelling with small children and I am happy to hear that that worked for you

Thank you again for sharing and kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at this resort in January. We booked 2 rooms as my children are 14 and 16 however we did ask for rooms nearby or adjoining if possible as I was a little unhappy about them being separate from us. On arrival we were shown to our room which was a family, supposedly delux, room. The room consisted of a king bed with a sofa that was converted to a single bed with a pull out mattress under the sofa which was made up as the 4th bed. The room had one shower and one toilet and therefore totally unacceptable for 4 'adults'. We complained to reception but were told the hotel was fully booked and we had to spend the night in the room. My son who is taller than myself laid on the pull out mattress and went straight to the floor, the wooden panel underneath the mattress was completely broken. We spent the night, the four of us in the king bed, not ideal for the first night of a holiday! We were told the manager would be in at 8.00am the next morning and he would sort a room out for us then. We went to reception at 8.00am and was told he was not in until 10.00am. I was not very happy. Eventually we were moved to 2 separate rooms, 3 blocks away from each other and therefore I had to spent the entire holiday sharing a room with my daughter and my husband my son!
My daughter and I had a king bed which was like concrete. We asked for a mattress topper 2 days in row but did not receive one. On the third day of asking we were provided with a topper which did make a slight difference.
I was very sick after eating in the hotel and so was my son. I had the 'one price one hour' lunch and 6 hours later was violently sick and was vomiting for 16 hours. My son ate chicken wings in the hotel at lunchtime and the same thing, was violently sick for 12 hours.
We were at breakfast one morning and a child vomitted next to us. It took 10 minutes for this to be cleaned up which was very off putting.
We were the only Australian's in the hotel at the time of our visit and were surrounded by Europeans and Russians. Every morning at breakfast we were bombarded by rude people, pushing in line, stealing our toast and generally being miserable!
My husband decided to join in one of the activities one day. He and my son agreed to play football. The hotel guy got a team together and then walked off, leaving everyone to it. No atmosphere and no support. After 15 minutes everybody walked off!
On a positive note, the hotel is in a great location and the Thai people are very friendly.

Room Tip: Chose a pool side room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank susiebagpuss
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review in this forum. I am of course very disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay and can at this stage only sincerely appologise for the inconvenience you experienced. It is a reality that regardless of best efforts, circumstances very occasionally prevent us from providing our normal high standards of service and facilities, and unfortunately you experienced this.

It is correct that we were fully booked during your stay and were unable to accommodate your request for adjacent rooms. Hence an upgrade was offered upon arrival to a one Bedroom family Suite to ensure you would be able to be near your children. Our records show that you were compensated for the inconvenience with a family dinner and complementary WiFi for the duration of your stay, which you at the time accepted.

I am also distressed to read that you were trying to contact me and were unable to do so. Please rest assured that I am making a point of being available at any time should a guests would like to speak to me, preferably in person or else always by phone should I not be in the building.

With regards to you and your son’s bad experience with food, we have checked our records and your discomfort was not brought to our attention at the time. Hence I am unable to at this stage investigate or comment. During the time of your stay we sold 75 portions of our promotional meal “One Price One Hour” and no other guests at the time reported any problems with the food served. If we would have known at the time, please rest assured that we would have done our utmost to assist you.

I am sorry also to hear that you were disappointed with our leisure attendant. I have addressed this with the team and they are all clearly instructed to remain preset for all activities we arrange. Should guests wish to stay on and play beyond the time frame advertised, they are welcome to do so, even if the attendant is no longer present.

Once again I would like to offer my sincere apologies for not delivering a service to your expectations on this occasion and I also would like to thank you for your kind comments about the friendliness of the staff, which I will share with them

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should I be able to assist you any further.

Ms Regina Salzmann