All reviews upgraded to a sea view room noodle dish plenty of sunbeds lovely hotel pool area nice pool superior room rooms were cleaned tea coffee few stairs room key speak good english pineapple air con week stay very pleasant stay hotel is located
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

Great view. Great rooms. Great people. It felt like we're home even though we were miles away from it. Staffs accomodated us very well and the complimentary breakfast was nice. I would like to commend Michael for his above standard level of service to. He really help us ease our stay in Phuket by booking tour packages for us. Actually, I had been to this hotel twice and planning go back to the same hotel. I love it!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Soontorn W, Operations Manager at Orchidacea Resort - Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear Dan L,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience you had with Orchidacea Resort on TripAdvisor. We are more than proud to be informed that our services have reached your satisfaction. I am also happy to know that Michael handed a very good service to you and I will definitely pass this message to him.

Thank you again for staying with us and I am looking forward to seeing you again!

Soontorn Wutthi - Operations Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

5 times I have been to this beautiful hotel. Staff are wonderful and careing. Very. Clean rooms and good service. Highly recommended. Some of the rooms are very high maybe not suitable for those who have difficulties in walking. However once your up what a view. Lower level is great and still has good see views

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank autoglym
Soontorn W, Operations Manager at Orchidacea Resort - Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear autoglym,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for choosing us for your previous trip. My team and I are more than proud to hear that our hard work can satisfy our beloved guests. The rooms located on the high level are not the problem for our guests since we have a transfer from the lobby to the rooms by guests' order. Also, taking some steps up to the rooms is kind of a small exercise and it's good for health.

My team and I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and also hope to serve you again soon for the 6th stay with us. If there is anything I can do for your assistance in order to make the next-time room reservation, please kindly contact me via soontorn.w@orchidacearesort.com

Soontorn Wutthi | Operations Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came to stay for 10 nights after spending a few nights in Bangkok. We are a young couple (I'm 19 he's 21) but we felt that the Orchidacea really looked after us and was the perfect place to stay! It was perfect location to shops, restaurants, the beach as well as good places to see such as the big Buddha! We loved the service and felt the staff couldn't do enough for us! The only inconvenience was the steps which were hard to climb in high heat however the room was lovely and we wouldn't let the steps affect our view of the hotel. We loved everything about this hotel and will 100% be returning.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Soontorn W, Operations Manager at Orchidacea Resort - Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Dear georgiab19,

On behalf of the Orchidacea Resort management team, I would like to thank you for choosing us as your accommodation for your trip in Phuket and your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. My team and I are proud and more than happy to hear that our you like our services and have a very nice stay with us. I'll pass the praise to my team to show them that their hard works can create our guests' happiness.

Georgiab19, My team and I wish you have a very nice time in your homeland and hope to have more chances to serve you again soon. If there is anything I can make your next stay easier, please kindly contact me by email: soontorn.w@orchidacearesort.com.

Warmest regards,
Soontorn Wutthi. | Operations Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

My family and I visited this place for our brunch at the pool. I totally loved everything from the food, drink, friendly staffs, lively pool view, fun and entertaining environment, and joyous vibes, while still having that relaxing ambiance. The price is so reasonable since the food portion is real huge! There are also massage and spa, table tennis table, and gym for you to relax and enjoy your day! From the pool, you can also see the view of Kata beach. I couldn't be happier with this place and will definitely come back again! =)

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Soontorn W, Operations Manager at Orchidacea Resort - Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Dear Kornveena K,

Tropical greeting from Orchidacea Resort! Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear that our guests enjoy our services and facilities. From that reason, Daily hard works to improve the quality of our services is our promise.

I also would like to serve you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay easier and happier.

Soontorn Wutthi
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

Visited a friend here during my stay in Phuket. I stopped in the lobby to ask for directions when I was asked to leave because I wasn't a paying guest.... Talk about terrible customer service.

They told me that I could go see my friend as long as I called him first. So I called and he came down to get me. I entered the hotel and 'Marco' the 'Chief Receptionist' chased after us to say that the police would be called as I was 'trespassing'. He demanded 1000 Baht for me to enter the hotel premises (I wasn't staying the night) and claimed it was policy.

I asked him to present this policy no less than 6 times and he confirmed that it wasn't written anywhere but that he would provide me with an 'official receipt'. It's abundantly clear that he pocketed the money. Marco also demanded to photocopy my passport, I obliged and he tore my exit visa... Just for extra measure.

Now let's be clear, if this is how they treat a guest of someone staying at the hotel, how do you think they treat their paying guests?

Other than the view from the top rooms, this place is a dump - which is why they rank so low on TripAdvisor.

Do yourself a favour and book ANYWHERE else.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank SamFromCanada87
Soontorn W, Operation Manager at Orchidacea Resort - Kata Beach, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Sam K,

On behalf of the management team of Orchidacea resort, I feel very sorry to know that you had an unpleasant experience during visiting your friend who stayed with us. I have investigated the case with the mentioned receptionist and I brought this topic into top management meeting in order to revise the policy to hand the most benefit to our guests.

For service recovery, after I was informed this situation, I and our service quality control manager (Antony) tried to contact you via your friend who stayed in our resort since we did not have your contact information. We refunded your THB 1,000 back to your friend and offered a complimentary dinner for both of you. He discussed with you and eventually accepted and signed his name on agreement letter. Unfortunately, you and your friend did not come for the dinner. However, I offered your friend to rebate all of his minibar expenses. Finally, your friend was absolutely happy.

Once again, I completely understand the problem and feel very sorry that situation happened to you. However, I would like to thank you for the sincere feedback that helps us to improve our service. It would be very nice for me if I could have a chance to recovery your unsatisfied experience personally. You can contact me by email at soontorn.w@orchidacearesort.com . By the way, I wish you have pleasant days in your home country and hope to have a chance to recovery your satisfaction in the future.

Soontorn Wutthi