“Ruined our whole diving trip !”

Dive Asia - SCUBA and Snorkeling Day Trips and PADI Courses
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star CDC with all levels of scuba diving courses and trips. We provide the best diving experience possible from Beginner to Expert diver. All our diving is guided by local experts showing you the abundance of marine live available around Phuket.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Got to Thailand for diving .
Booked us in to dive Asia for an advanced course . Pick up time 8.30 outside our hotel . We was outside 8.25 and waited until 9.30! No one came and picked us up ... We walked to the diving shop and they didn't open until 10 (!) . They came and open the store 10.15 ... They said their driver was at the hotel 8.30 and then another time after that . Dont know if he lies or was at the wrong hotel but we was there in time anyways .. This ruin our whole diving trip though we had limited time to do this course ... There are plenty of diving company's in Phuket, take one that can pick you up in right time ... Thanks

Benno B, Manager at Dive Asia - SCUBA and Snorkeling Day Trips and PADI Courses, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am truly sorry that your diving day was ruined. We try very hard to avoid missed pickups and have several procedures in place just in case something goes wrong.
To begin with we give all guest a paper with the pickup time and the telephone number of the tour leader so they can reach the tour leader in the morning.
If a guest is not at the reception the driver will ask the reception to call the room if the guest is not there or in the case of a small hotel knock on the door. In your case the reception confirmed that you left the key with them and walked out of the hostel. He called the tour leader to let him know.
He returned for a second try at the end of his pickup tour and the other guest on the car can verify that we came at your hostel to pick you up.
As the very last resort we publish a 24 hour emergency number on our website but you did not call the number we give at the time of booking or the 24 hour emergency number.
Yes, our sales offices open only after the trip departed at 10 AM and stay open till 9 PM. Our Training center where we handle all the logistics in the morning is open from 8 AM until the trip is back and all guests are back in there Hotel.
I understand that you are upset but please look at this from our side. We assigned a diving instructor for your course and booked two places on our boat for you. Still we refunded you the full amount for your booking when you did not make it on to the boat. We had to pay the instructor and the boat left with two empty spaces that we could have sold easily the day before. We carry all the cost for this and I still cannot see anything we could have done different in this case. I do resent your remark about our driver lying. If we tried to pick you up at the wrong hotel (would explain the missed pickup) the blame for this would be on you as we only act on the information you gave us about your hotel when you made the booking but I do not believe this to be the case. The reception confirmed to the driver that we were at the right hotel and that your key was turned in.
Benno

"special thanks"
in 6 reviews
"great boat"

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value. The boat was huge with an upstairs area where the fed us breakfast lunch and dinner between dives, and a prep area where they had the equipment set up and ready for you. I rented a full kit. It was in excellent codition. The crew did everything. All I had to do was go downstairs slip into my gear and jump in the water. The dive guides/instructor were great. About a 3/1 diver to dive master ratio. No language barriers here. It is a truly international team.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

With this company I did the course "Open Water Dive" and I chose this through the internet search, I didnt need to pay before. I really just have to say the good things about this company, the staff are very friendly in all place... store, school, boat... they are really perfect and very professional with secure service. I recommend!

1  Thank Keila N
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dive Asia is a long established PADI dive Center for courses, day trips, and liveaboards.
Top quality and reliable rental equipment is key, for starters. Dedication on all levels of the staff to make the trip enjoyable comes next. without hesitation, DiveAsia complies fully with these basics. Where possible they show flexibility to serve the customer. They have never let me down in the past 10+ years. I very much recommend Benno and his team. From pick up to drop off and in between dedicated and comprehensive dive planning. I did all my courses (up to Nitrox) at Dive Asia. On the instruction part the same level of dedication.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Dived twice with Dive Asia (once in 2009 and then July 2013). We weren't lucky this time round as the weather was horrible. Our dives in 2009 were amazing as the sun was out!

Just for information, I have dived all over Malaysia so I'm comparing my experience at Dive Asia to Malaysia.

- Yes, this place is a well oiled system with a great boat, great diving equipment etc. However, this seemed too touristic to me ! We were picked up at the hotel and dropped off to choose our equipment for the day. Then we went onto the big boat for the 1h30 journey to the first dive site.

- The dive masters / instructors were very nice and friendly (German).

- Food, drink and snacks were provided on board. OK food for lunch (rice, chicken, pork...proper meal for lunch which was nice).

- We dived the King Cruiser and another dive site. Nice dives, even though the current was really strong and the visibility wasn't good.

- All in all, this dive center is good and well organised. However, the whole experience seemed too touristic and industrial for me. Considering the price we paid, we could have dived in 5 different dive sites in Malaysia for the same price! (with boat). Sure, I don't dive with big boats in Malaysia but the waters are the same and we see amazing fish etc too in Malaysia without having to pay the high price! I prefer smaller dive centers where you actually chat to the other people who dive with you. This dive center is so big that you don't really talk to the others on the boat as there are too many of them!

If you want to dive with a big dive center then go for Dive Asia. Personally, I won't be diving in Phuket again as I find the place too touristic (in general) and too expensive. I would rather spend my money elsewhere like Malaysia where the dives are just as good! (best place we dived so far has been Sipadan...check it out people!)

3  Thank AmykWong

Travelers who viewed Dive Asia - SCUBA and Snorkeling Day Trips and PADI Courses also viewed

Been to Dive Asia - SCUBA and Snorkeling Day Trips and PADI Courses? Share your experiences!