“Scam! And Terrible food”
Review of Grand Restaurant

Grand Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 149 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Scam! And Terrible food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

For the love of god, don't go here. After spending 20 min wandering kata for a decent local thai meal, we unfortunately gave up and went here. I'll keep this short: food was bland and extremely over priced. 30 baht for a scoop of white rice?? I'm writing this review waiting for food poisoning to strike. To top it off, they scammed us with their "10%" of Thai food sign. Yes, it's a matter of a few dollars, but it's the principle. Don't lie to make an extra buck off tourists. I was kicking myself for going there in the first place and I'm kicking myself now. There is a great local place across from the flea market/ fruit stand. Not sure of its name, but the prices and food were great.

3 Thank EricAndSarahSeattle

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
“Maybe the Worst restaurant in Phuket.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Worst restaurant, worst staff and worst food I have ever eaten. Staff are lazy, slovenly and just don't care. The service was awful and the food was tasteless and not fresh. If you want to enjoy your vacation do not take a gamble by eating here. It is not a clean looking restaurant. Poor hygiene and a could care less attitude make this one to avoid at all costs. Kata has many good restaurants to spend your money in don't waste it in this place. Not grand at all.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank James A
preston
“Abysmal service, complimentary fly in meal, and scam with bill”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We ended up going here because we had been walking for a while and it was getting late for lunch. There were two waiters on, the older guy at least tried to provide basic service. I am lost for words with the younger waiter, I have never experienced such a woeful level of service before, this guy made Manuel from Fawlty Towers look like a Michelin star waiter! I must admit when the food was ceremoniously dumped on our table, it tasted ok......that is until my wife found a dead fly in her Pad Thai. I didn't even bother complaining, it would have been a waste of time and got me even more annoyed. The icing on the cake was when the bill arrived, the price for the beer was incorrect by 50bt. The waiter looked disappointed when I pointed that error out and I'm sure he had planned to pocket this little bonus. Coincidentally, the people on the next table also had a higher bill than expected. I cannot stress enough how poorly run this place is, if you are in the lovely resort of Kata there are lots of other nice places to eat, do not waste your precious time with these jokers.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank neil t
Amsterdam
“Avoid it!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were called in from the street. Most restaurants do the same fare so we thought why not? Turned out we had the worst meal of our trip. We bought a snapper but we were both pretty sure it was not the same as the one they weighed for us at the street.

It was tasteless and far from fresh, the Tom Yam was terrible too: no chili's and the wrong vegetables and spices. None of the staf spoke Thai, toilets were dirty, avoid it!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Fredinasia
Moscow, Russia
“A plenty of much better places nearby”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food was more or less okeyish, however the service was just appalling. The staff is trained to attain customers from the street, but not to serve (It took them 5 minutes to bring us the bill - that's after the 2nd request I'd made) The place looked a bit dirty with very noisy background.

• Visited April 2013