“Good value hotel for singles”
Review of Must Sea Hotel

Must Sea Hotel
Ranked #35 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good and bright room. I stayed on both rooms looking to the road side or to the back side. Road side has full sunshine more bright but, have car noises. Back side gets no afternoon sunshine and daytime is more silent but evening the bars are open, might have some noise. Balconies are nice, tea coffee, wi-fi was so relaxing for me. AC was working so loud, when i checked i saw that filters were extremely dirty, i guess havent cleaned over a year. Room doors are so light and weak, if you push harder, it is so easy to break it. Try to stay on first floor rooms then no need to climb too much, no lift at all.
Cleaning of bathroom is not handled properly, i had to buy my own soap.
Location is very good, easy parking on back side for car or motorbike,
This hotel's price value location is perfect, Yes, i also accept other views of Bad Service, no English, ants etc. but i think these can be fixed somehow later. I will continue to stay in this place in the end.

Room Tip: Choose First Floor Rooms (Climbing other floors is hard, no lift.) I prefer rooms looking to back s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Vecihi

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good room, TV, mini-bar, free water, there is taxi transfer to airport, cleaned every day, tea-cofe facilities, free WiFi (just ask in reception for parols), less then 10 min to the beach, close to local market (I'm not sure how often it works). But no lift, a lot of ants in my room, curtains were not very clear. There was little daylight in my room, the room's windows were looking inside (not on the street) and I saw the other window and people in that room so I had to use curtains even in day. Also you can hear everything behind the door.
Most of all I didn't like when in the morning (9.00-9.30) the staff tried to enter in my room to clean it even knowing that I'm inside. I like to sleep on vacations but I couldn't say them to come later because they didn't undestand english. The hotel have to make the tablets "Do not bother".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Julia E
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am currently at mussee and I do a lot of business travel. This hotel has decent rooms but service is very poor. None of the receptionists speak a word of English and only tell you to wait till tomorrow for whatever you ask of them. There is no elevator. The rooms facing the market can be loud but if your a/c is on you can barely hear. I booked through mussee's website and got promo of $38 a night so I'll take the minor drawbacks. I'd rather spend the money I saved on tours and adventures in Phuket.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank merchy10
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were supposed to stay on 31st Dec 2012.
They said that no room due to overbooking even though we booked and paid to them.

Instead, they prepared another hotel which was very old and dirty.
They said it is the same grade and same price.
YES, the price was the same between "pre-booked 30% off price" and "walk in year end high peak price".

After the negotiation, we wasted one hour and got a hotel, which was on main street and noisy due to night bar.

Problems are; no room with reservation and payment, no apology at all, keep saying no problem, keep saying the dirty old hotels are the same rank and same price, suddenly became unable to understand English, started to ignore us,,,,.

You have to avoid this hotel if you do not want to waste your time and holiday!!!!
If you can get a room there, it could be good.
If you can not get a room there, that's all.

For the hotel staff, if I wrote anything which is different from the fact, please correct me.
Otherwise, cash back to me and never repeat the same thing any more!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank YUKI1979
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Small hotel, hard to find as there are no signs on the main street, it took the hire car an hour to locate it. There are some nice restaurants close by and the beach is only a 7 minute walk.
There are no elevators in the building. They have 4 small pools on the roof which were ok to get wet but not much good for swimming, it was pleasant to sit in the pool with the spa jets turned on and watch the sun go down.
The rooms were small but clean, sometimes the receptionist was missing in action, but overall I was happy with the hotel.
Breakfast was served at a restaurant about 50m away, it was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wolfe756
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed in room G1-34 facing the plaza for 1 week.

Mussee Kata is situated in Kata Nightplaza - a great area to stay to be near many conveniences.

They have free reliable wifi/internet, TV, A/C, minibar - 2 free water daily, kettle, coffee sachets, shower caps, soap, shampoo, body gel, robes, slippers, safety box.

Our room had a nice big balcony with 2 chairs and a table and a bamboo ladder looking thing for your drying your clothes.

Cons about staying in this room G1-34 is the noise at night. Sometimes the shops opposite plays music until 2am! We didn't mind as we always sleep late but just letting you know.

Also their free breakfast comes with 4 options (by another hotel down the road). They make continental, american, thai and something else.

Breakfast is ok. The chef sometimes doesn't give you everything on the set.. I had 4 ants in my Thai breakfast and once the chef was 30min late because he was drunk the night before...

I would stay at Mussee Kata again, just minus the breakfast.. as they need to improve their service there...

Room Tip: If you sleep early and don't like noise, I recommend you get a room that is not facing the plaza...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank meileitravels
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The rooms are very modern and well equipped.

Their wifi was the most reliable on the island.

There is also a nice small pool area on the roof.

Staff were all very friendly. But it did take a couple prods to get a few instructions actually done.

Although the breakfast is a bit too greasy, served by arrangement with the hotel down the road.

At night, for some, the noise in the courtyard is a bit much as the rooms are not double glazed to cope with that noise. In our near week long stay this was only an issue on a single evening.

Room Tip: Anything with a balcony would be great unless you are more concerned about noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple