“average”

Gastone
Ranked #17 of 149 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant will be closed until July 1st. See you soon :)
Phuket, Thailand
“average”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went there because of TripAdvisor reviews, wasn't impressed, the pasta carbonara was dry with overcooked ham. The service was quick though. Won't be going again.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Delicious Italian!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Gastone is in a strip of shops right on one of the main roads. So, it's not a quaint, garden setting. But, you won't care about that once you taste the food. Every dish we got (and there were 12 of us...not counting the kids!) got rave reviews. Having just returned from Laos where the Italian pasta dishes were usually a disappointment, I stuck with pizza and salad. Though both the pizza and salad were very good, once the pasta plates started arriving, I was very sad I hadn't ordered differently.

Yes the food was amazing. And for that alone I will return. But, I must address the service as we were a group of 12 adults and 8 children. When we first arrived, we thought we would be a group of 10. Then more friends arrived. Then more. Each time a new group arrived, the staff happily rearranged to accommodate us. Every single order was correct. However, what I was most impressed with was how the owner, kitchen, and staff managed the rest of the tables that arrived after us. Despite our large group and the monopoly we surely put on the kitchen, no other group appeared to be suffering. Tables that arrived after us, were served promptly even as the owner was bringing our food out. It was most impressive.

• Visited January 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Not sure about this one!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ate the pizza salamino and it was good, but the next morning I woke up with the sh**ts = diarrhea. I can`t say it was from the pizza, but it was the last thing I ate before I went to sleep. That`s why I give it average. My wife ordered pasta and it tasted good. She did not get the sh**ts :)

The cool thing about Gastone is the owner. He looks and talks like Sylvester Stallone! It might be worth the visit :) The staff is friendly and helpful. Free internet, just ask the staff for password.

• Visited December 2012
Albion Park, New South Wales, Australia
“Absolutely magnifico”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Absolutely amazing italian food, homemade pasta, woodfire pizza, plenty of italian deserts as well as all the liquoers to go along with the experience. would recommend absolutely anyone to try this restaurant. it's spectacular and well worth the trip.

• Visited September 2012
Khao Lak, Thailand
“You can not find a better one in Phuket”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I work in the hotel industry and change the country every 1-2 years. Since I am a huge fan of Italian food, any place I go to I always try to find "my" favorite Italian place where I can go to whenever I want some fresh Tiramisu, delicious Tagliatelle or simply a good, Italian pizza.

I am not over-exaggerating when I say that this is probably one of the best places I ever visited, no matter which country I went to so far. If you are looking for a good Italian restaurant, this is the no. 1 choice in Phuket. Great service, amazing food, a simple but well sorted menu and a personal touch you will not find anywhere else around here.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Gastone? Share your experiences!