The Kitchen Restaurant Kata Beach & Thai Cooking Class
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Restaurant, Kata Beach is a great place to grab a bite to eat, while enjoying our one of a kind open kitchen atmosphere. We offer great service and even better food. You can order traditional Thai food, or go with a cheeseburger if you like. Come check us out, a good dinner, we in the kitchen restaurant has a wide selection of the one that suits both before, during and after dinner! We also offer free pickup in the Kata-Karon area, So give us a call if your in the area and we will come pick you up! A warm welcome to the kitchen restaurant!
Reviewed November 24, 2012

There are so many places to eat, but I prefer once I find somewhere I like I stick to it. Why risk eating at a different place each night just to be unlucky enough to get sick. My holiday Is to see & venture out in Phuket not to have my head stuck in the bowl. Sure I tried different places & shouted myself to an expensive Restaurant but my everyday eating and slower days I was happy to go back to this place. Pool Table, music great atmosphere at night talking & getting to know the locals. Nice place for the quieter night away from the bars. Some nights were a 4am finish though lol. I found this place through Cathy & Gary on their Forum so thanks Guys. Highly recommended. This is also how i met the lady that put me onto the cooking class, she works at both places so my Pad Thai that she was cooking for me @ The Kitchen was the same one she taught us at the cooking school. Very satisfied. Very friendly people. Brother & Sister run this place with bubbly, crazy, funny people as staff.

1  Thank 619NicoleD

Reviewed November 21, 2012

One of my favourite places in Kata , Chai the owner also provides tours and taxi service. I tried the Penang curry with chicken and its one of the best dishes i ever had and to a good price aswell.. This is just one of those places where you can stay forever

1  Thank PeterTyvik
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently stayed not to far away from this amazing bar/restaurant. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and this place has a brilliant atmosphere. A fabulous and clean establishment. The food is divine and made fresh, great quality and very reasonably priced...having eaten at many of the other restaurants around Kata town I would have to say this is my favourite, the chef is amazing. They also offer free pick ups from local hotels in kata town so there is no excuse not to visit this great place.

1  Thank Shylee-Patel
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's a lovely welcoming bar and restaurant, open plan so you never miss what's going on!! Staff and the owner are so welcoming and helpfull it's never a dull moment. Have eaten around most of Kata but I have to say they have had the best food- hats off to the chef who will cater to your every needs.

Not only is it a reasonable priced restaurant and bar it also has a great taxi service. Again one of the most reasonably priced!

Anyone visiting Kata I would say this is a must to visit, hassal free and lots of fun!!!

1  Thank Raneet80
Reviewed November 8, 2012

As a lone traveller you sometimes go into places and are just left to yourself. At the kitchen kata beach though the friendly staff go out their way to make you feel really welcome.

On my first visit there I only intended to go in for one drink but ended up staying there all night and this was down the winning personalities of the staff who were engaging and really took the time to get to know you.

I returned there a couple of days later and was greeted by name which was really appreciated and again made me feel incredibly welcome.

The place isn't only just friendly and fun, but the food there is fantastic. I had the pad Thai with pork and it was easily the best pad Thai I've had during my trip so far. I've also had the Thai green curry which was excellent, and they also let me into the kitchen to see how it was made which was brilliant as I love to do a bit of cooking myself and it was a fabulous experience to see genuine Thai food cooked up close. Not only that they then gave me a copy of the recipe to take away and I will endeavour to repeat the beautiful flavours!

If you're in the area you should definitely pop by and say hi to chai and his team.

Andy - Glasgow.