“Home away from home!”

Ranked #3 of 64 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family of 5 stayed including my 4r old kid in this hotel last March 2012. Knowing that it is a budget guesthouse, I am prepared to be a little dissapointed once I get there. But Lo and Behold... all the uncertainties were erased and as soon as we stepped inside the place, I am all smiles! Steve is very friendly, accommodating, helpful and gives you the feeling of meeting a family member that you haven't seen for a long time. Getting 2 extremely large rooms for a price of a single tiny room in HongKong is definitely a steal! Add the fact that the location is safe and very close to whatever you need, it is really worth the price you pay and more! Definitely will be staying here again on our next trip. Nice idea on the key notch Steve! Two-Thumbs Up!!!

Room Tip: The family room is the best... ideally for 3 persons but you could fit as much as 12 people in there...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nino Ruel A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sorrento, VIC, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just couldn't believe that you could get such good quality at such a low price ... US$16 per night in the off season for a room with en-suite, air-con, fan, TV, WiFi and very clean to boot. With friendly hosts Steve and Dave, and Pan running the bar and restaurant. Excellent Thai fare ... and English breakfast for those who can't do without. Good local restaurants and Thai/Swedish massage right across the way. Beautiful Kata Beach is 100m away. Definitely worth a stay.

Room Tip: A room facing the street is best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Phil H
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Steve and all the staff are all friendly and super helpful. We had booked 3 rooms for our group of 6 and we all had a lovely experience. The rooms are very clean, one of our rooms got a free upgrade to a large family room . Was for all of us our first time in Phuket and am soo glad we didnt stay in Patong. This area is a lot quieter. Steve organised a minibus for airport transfers which were a good price. in walking distance to all the restaurants, shops and beach. BTW This is the place for a REAL English breakfast! :) Thanks Steve :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lilychicken
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I arrived at Phuket airport, got into a minibus down to Kata beach, got talking to a couple on the journey they told me they where booked to stay at the Beachbreeze. When we arrived I got off with the couple and checked if the guesthouse had a room available, asked how much and was told they had a low season special at 500 baht a night, they showed me to my room I couldn’t believe what I got for the money, good size room and a nice large shower room, plus the rest A/C,TV, etc, the bar was great with great food and the staff and locals was so friendly, within a couple of days I felt like one of the locals. As a loan traveler this was so perfect. I had a top time in phuket and a lot of this was due to all at the beahbreeze. You are defiantly on my must return list. And I am so glad I met Clare and Mike on that minibus.
PS the location is bang on

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Beachbreeze and could not of been happier. We were picked up from the airport by there very friendly driver ( great price) and taken to the guesthouse. The room was huge and spacious and spotlessly clean with everything you need, large double bed,tv,tea/coffee making facilities,fridge(free water),aircon and fan,great shower and free wifi.The food at the Ship inn downstairs was great and plentiful (both western and thai) and great value for money (you must try a sunday roast with Steve the cooks great yorkshire puddings).The location is close to everything beach/bars/restaurants and set set off the main road so its quiet and peaceful at night.Finally i would like to say a big THANKYOU to Steve and his great staff for making this a great holiday, Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan C
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I decided to look up guesthouses instead of just "showing up" to one without any pre-meditation. With Beach Breeze Guesthouse's fifteen 5-star reviews, I decided to go for this.. and I'm so happy I did. I was met by Pan, who manages Beach Breeze. She was so helpful and welcoming. My room had a (huge) double bed. It was incredibly clean, and the sheets were nice and soft. There was a fridge (with free water), a TV, a desk and a chair, a dressing table, a wardrobe, and a bed lamp. The room has both an air-conditioner, and a really strong fan. The toilet had running hot water (unlike some of the guesthouses of the same price). Basically, the room was spacious, with basic necessities, but definitely much more than the small price I paid for. The service was also amazing. I met Dave (the owner), Steve (the cook), Pan, and other staff. They were incredibly helpful, and not to mention friendly. The guesthouse is connected to the Ship Inn that is downstairs, and guests get 10% discount off food. Location is excellent because it's right on Kata Road, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars on the same street. Kata Beach is 5 minutes away if you walk through the canal. While I was there, there was also a market set up where loads of cheap food and clothes were on sale. I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE who is going to Phuket -- whether on budget or not. The rooms really impressed me. Kata is also a great place to stay, especially if you're keen to avoid seedy Patong.

Room Tip: Get to know the people who work there!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thanjavur, India
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights at this place. The staff are very friendly. Rooms are top-class with all the necessary amenities. The restaurant bar serves delicious food (thai and english) and the quantity is huge :-). Steve, the owner, is a very friendly person and he arranged for airport pickups which was much cheaper than regular fares. And it is located just a few minutes walk from the beach and also from the main shopping and dining streets. Overall, exceeded our expectations. Cheers to BeachBreeze!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple