“Great ambience”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Great ambience”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Loved this restaurant. Plenty of selection on the food front - local or western - and great quality. Really good band playing too made for a great atmosphere. Well worth a visit!

Visited April 2014

• Thai first
Middlesbrough
“Very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We wanted somewhere that served Thai and Western food and we just happened to look at the menu of Cafe Opera as we were walking past. There was a special price of 119 bahts for every Thai meal on the menu, and as they served a good selection of pizzas, we gave it a go.
What a fantastic meal we had. I consider myself somewhat of a Tom Yam Koong conniseu and generally always order that for starters. So I had that and also had the Wok chicken in pepper and garlic. I was asked if I liked my meals spicy, which I do, so I asked for them Thai spicy. My other half had a Milanese Pizza.
Live entertainment was really good and the atmosphere was enthusiastic. The meals came, and boy, weren't they spicy BUT they were absolutely the best meals we have had on our current trip to Phuket. I would go as far to say that the Tom Yam Koong was the best I have had in many a year. The chicken in pepper and garlic was also very good, very spicy and very tasty. The pizza was also very good, nice thin base and freshly cooked.
We had an excellent dining experience here, and I can now see why Cafe Opera is rated so highly on TA. Great food, great service and great atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere, cheap food/drinks, great venue”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were looking for a cheap eat in a laid back venue and we found it. Drawn in by the gent singing/playing acoustically on is guitar in the corner, we were ushered to an outdoor table where we proceeded to dive straight into our 99 THB mojitos and gin and tonics.

We opted for chicken satay skewers and two Thai dishes (all 99 THB each!) and another round of cocktails. Before we knew it time had passed and we were still enjoying the relaxing vibe of Kata beach.

Service was good, not too attentive yet not evasive; food was good, cheap yet delicious; and the drinks were great, cheap and spot-on. Definitely a recommendation for those looking to kick-back just off the beach.

• Visited April 2014
“Absolutely love Cafe Opera”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our second time to Thailand and we made sure we came back to have dinner here! I have the pad Thai and enjoy it every time, cannot go wrong with 119BAHT! Also had the crab spring rolls and they were beautiful. Love the atmosphere of the live music! Will definitely be bak again on our next visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Maddi13
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Food and Presentation.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Loved the Fresh food ingredients this restaurant used and the presentation of meals and drinks. I believe the chef knows his stuff! The music was great too. Very relaxing, great vibe restaurant with good prices too. Can't say the service was excellent, just average, but the food was so fresh and very tasty! Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting this area.

Visited October 2013