“Great views but awful service”
Review of After Beach Bar

After Beach Bar
Ranked #71 of 157 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We usually go to the Small View Bar, which is next to the After Beach Bar, but thought we would have a change, so went here. Whilst the view is a little better, the contrast in the quality of staff and service could not have been greater. Whilst the staff at the Small View are very friendly and efficient, they couldn't seem to care less here. I assume the woman who appeared to be the front of house manager must have been a family member of the owners as that is the only way she possibly have got, or kept the job. She looked thoroughly miserable the whole time, ignored us for ages and didn't didn't give us a menu and when we eventually had to ask for 2 beers, she brought us 2 small Singha's, without asking us what we wanted, which was in fact 2 large Chang's, so we sent them back. The music they played was also pretty boring.I certainly wouldn't dream of going back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading tripadvisor reviews and comments, we came here an hour before sunset and found a perfect spot. The views were breathtaking, best sunset I have ever seen, it had a very relaxed atmosphere and the food/cocktails were very reasonably priced and of very good quality. Perfect for couples, it was very romantic, especially when the candles came out after sunset.
The service was superb. 10 out of 10.
We booked through our hotel for a taxi there and were a little worried (it was our first night in Phuket) on how we would get back. But when we were leaving they ushered us into a waiting taxi which was much cheaper than our hotel's apparently competitive rate! There was another couple standing with us who were going to Kata too so they put us all in the same taxi to reduce the cost further!

2  Thank Chicken765
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Thanks to a buddy who recommended this place, it had a great sunset view as we feasted on the very reasonable price dishes and out of the world cocktails. The piña colada is a must try and definitely good when my girlfriend swapped her coconut juice with my cocktail and later rained praises by another friend who ordered one for herself. Overall a great restaurant with a great view and excellent food. Definitely a must come back in my next trip to Phuket. Get there by 530pm to ensure a good seating location to watch the sunset.

2  Thank 2adults2kidsonBudget
Reviewed January 11, 2013

After beach bar is located beside kata Noi beach. I went there each day of my pukhet holiday for seeing the sunset drinking a cocktail and eating appetizers. The last evening with my wife decided to have a dinner there. That was the best dinner in pukhet ... Go there people!

2  Thank carmelocovi
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stopped here on our last night with our rental car. We came after sunset, but the views were still spectacular. The variety of food on the menu so big, that I expected low quality. I was quite surprised how good the food was.
I especially liked the fried rice with vegetables and the four companions (four types of steamed vegetables), the latter weren´t as tasteless as at other places.
Prices are cheaper than down in Kata. A bowl of rice is just 20 THB compared to usually 40 THB, that you pay in Kata center.
Staff is nice.
The only problem is getting there, if you don´t have a rental car. When we left we asked how to get there by Tuktuk. They said it would be 200 THB from Kata one way. When we tried a couple of days later all Tuktuk-drivers asked for 300 THB. We thought, that was too expensive and didn´t go there again.

2  Thank Marchlewski