“Great team, very good dives”

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Being based on Phuket, we were pretty far from most of the diving sites: Phi Phi is 3 hrs one way, Racha Noi/Yai and Shark Point/King's Cruiser 2 hours. But the Sea Fun Divers are great crowd, the boat is clean, the food (breakfast & lunch included in diving price) is really good, so it was a real pleasure to dive with them. My DM was Pae, and he is really professional and caring underwater. He notices and points all there is to see at the reef/wreck, but also you can feel safe diving with him, as he keeps all your pressure/decomp stats under control. Even though it was high season, the groups were pretty small, and we managed to get to the diving sites before all the crowds went in. So, thanks again, guys & gals from the Sea Fun Divers! It's my pleasure to recommend your services!

2  Thank TupMiry
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and glad to see that keeping a high quality service helps our fellow divers to enjoy diving around Phuket.

I have passed your feedback to Pae and together with him and the Team we wish yo a wonderful 2014

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"dive school"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked the phi phi Island dive. This involves a 3 hour boat trip each way but it was a good journey. Plenty of food and drink on board. The company rep on board was Boris and was friendly. It's a pricey trip compared to some of the other operators but diving is one of those activities where quality and safety override other considerations. A couple of areas they need to improve are the fact that the divers should always analyse their own nitrox tanks. Our kit was already attached to our tanks and our dive leader told us not to worry about it and that he'd already analysed them for us. Also there were no towels on board so bring your own. Nobody checked our padi cards. This is the first dive operator we've ever been with where this was the case. A guy films you on board and underwater. He does a good job of editing it really fast on the way back to shore so you can watch it before you disembark. You can buy copies of the video for thb 2000. The consensus among our fellow divers was that it was a little pricey and that they'd be very willing to pay thb 1000. Wear your seat belt in the bus to and from the jetty. Most people didn't. I would dive with them again

3  Thank N_Traveller_b

Thank you very much for your support and feedback, in past we have more analyzers on boat. unfortunately we discover that many nitrox divers don't know how to use them and we had to pay for replacements. So we have decided that the tour leader is in charge of checking the blend and responsible for that.

For the certification it was stated in the liability you signed that you confirm to be a certified diver, normally at dive center we check them or if booked by internet we ask certification level, dives done and last dive date.

We trust that people are not cheating on this, however we will be more strict now and have them checked at dive center or sometime during booking process

Once again like to thank you and we wish you a wonderful 2014

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Did a six day live aboard on the Giamani in November and had a fabulous time. I intend to do it again next year and I am recommending it to friends. The boat was great (recently refurbished), the crew were great and the food and service were great. I got sick one day and Ricardo and Jason really looked after me.

1  Thank FelizG

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your support and the fantastic review, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the liveaboard trip.

I have passed your feedback to Giamani crew as well

Me, Giamani crew and Sea Fun Divers team wish you a wonderful 2014

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I loved diving at Kata Noi with Sea fun Divers! Friendly and efficient diving school. The group was small and we saw some great fish!

2  Thank kerry s

Dear Kerry

It is great to see how most easy fun dive in Phuket can make people happy. Thank you very much for your support and review.

Me and Sea Fun Divers team wish you all best for a wonderful 2014

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was completely new to Scubadiving, and I selected Sea Fun Divers as my first diving center and it was the best Decision I had made so far for my trip to Phuket. My Dive Master Franz was a really cool guy, he was very knowledgeable and always watching my back when diving, I learnt a lot of diving related stuff from him. The whole of the Boat including the ship boys to the captain were very friendly and helpful. They worked like clock work. The refreshments on board were also very yummy. I even bought the dive Video taken by their professional underwater videographer David. Real Nat Geo stuff. You would really get personalized attention as the the team size is always kept less so that you get all the attention needed. The Diving Gear used by them was also top notch quality. I would highly recommend Sea Fun Divers and look forward to diving with them again soon.

2  Thank VinnyTheTraveller
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Vinny, thank you for your support and review.

We are glad to see a new enthusiastic diver and all the Team wish you to enjoy at best your new hobby.

Hope to see you soon diving in Phuket again