“Great people, great diving, great fun”

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #4 of 14 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife, my 14 year old son, my 13 year old daughter and I (all PADI Open Water certified) spent four great days diving with Sea Fun Diver at Racha Yai, Racha Noi, Shark point, ‘King Cruiser’ wreck and Phi Phi Islands.

Our accommodation happened to be near the CEOs (Rene) home, so he kindly picked us up each morning and drove us directly to the boat with a joke from his staff that we must be VIPs.

The boat was clean and well-kept by the boat crew.
It comprised of two decks: a lower deck with wheel house/cabin (air con) up forward and the dive prep area astern; an upper deck with a small seating area up forward for the sun worshipers and a larger sheltered seating area astern for those wanting to keep out of the sun. There were two toilets on both the port and starboard sides of the vessel with light hearted instructions from the crew on the correct use of them at sea and at anchor.

When joining the boat in the morning there were hot and cold drinks on offer with sandwiches & croissants available for those that missed breakfast. For lunch there was a buffet with a couple of Thai meat dishes, a Thai vegetarian dish, rice, salad and fruit. Ample hot and cold drinks were available all day.

Though not the best time of year for diving off the west coast of Thailand, Sea Fun divers checked the weather forecast each morning and planned the safest and best dive sites to suit the prevailing weather conditions. We went on four dive trips in a week and were lucky enough to dive at different locations each time.
Our Thai dive guide ‘New’ was extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable with a health focus on safety. He had an uncanny ability to spot the un-spottable and to point out to us the fauna that we would have undoubtedly missed had he not been there. My family and I had a great diving experience with New and I would ask for him again.
It is difficult to list all we saw but the highlights, especially for the kids, were: the leopard shark, the black tip reef shark and the amazing colour displays of the mating cuttle fish.

Rene & his staff ensured we had a wonderful time and we cannot thank them enough for the great experiences we had. It made our trip to Phuket a memorable one & we would recommend Sea Fun divers to anyone.

3  Thank D H
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear David,

Has been a great pleasure to meet You and Your wonderful Family, once again thank you for your support and for your feedback. I have passed to New and all the Team.

Look forward to diving with you again

Reviewed September 12, 2013

As with all the positive reviews I agree. Our family was at Kata Noi for a wedding and wanted to do some diving. Sea Fun Divers worked around all our family and wedding activities to make sure we could do our open water certificates. My two daughters and I were very impressed with all aspects our dive course. Thank You Very Much.

2  Thank Geoffrey R
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Geoffrey thank You and Your Family for the support and great feedback, like to know that everyone enjoyed diving and to have certified new enthusiastic divers.

Hope to see you guys again here in Phuket

We wish you all best

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My 21-year-old son and I just spent three great days diving (we are PADI Open Water certified) off Phuket, around the Phi Phi Islands. Despite the fact that this is not the best season for underwater visibility or wave-action on the surface, we had a wonderful experience, with terrific camaraderie on the boat (six paying divers, two divemasters, three Thai staff cooking fabulous food and making us very comfortable). The senior dive-master, Andreas, was so knowledgeable about the islands that he could always find dive-able sites for all 10 dives over three days. And his ability to find interesting underwater critters was outstanding, as was his discipline re safety. We reckon we saw nearly 100 species of vertebrates, and many nudibranchs, octopus, seahorse, as well as stunning soft and hard corals and gorgonians. Thanks, Sea Fun!
John and Lachlan,
Edinburgh

3  Thank John F
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear John,

Once again thank yo for your support and feedback that I'll pass to Sai Mai Team, great to see that working for quality helps when other conditions are against.

Let us know when ready to plan nest diving vacation.

Greetings from Phuket

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Amazing!!!!! My wife and I have just returned from our honeymoon in Phuket, where we were fortunate enough to discover Nick and his team at Sea Fun Divers. My wife has always enjoyed snorkelling and was keen to undertake a full on scuba experience. Having not been a fan of snorkelling, I was less enthused but was persuaded initially by the instructor, Andre's, professionalism and great sense of humour during the free scuba try at our hotel 'Le Meridien'. Nick, the manager, talked us through the various options & answered our questions, refreshingly without any hard sell. After discussion with my wife, we chose to do a four day course and get our PADI open water licence. It was one of the best things I have ever done, and it was all down the team, facilities and training we received. We were keen to start as soon as possible & Nick was brilliant at accommodating us- flexibly arranging the training & dive days to fit around other things we wanted to do. He was also great in the classroom, making sure we had fully grasped the necessary points before we started in the water. Our dive instructor Jane was incredible, she has the patience of a saint, which was needed with me as a student! And she searched out a good variety of 'hard to spot' marine life for us to see :-) The whole experience was so fabulous that we decided to do an additional day of diving with Jane at the end of completing our qualification, bringing us to a total of 7 dives, including a wreck.

The boat was clean, organised & we were well looked after by crew & instructors alike. The refreshments were well above the standard of other trips with a plentiful supply of sandwiches & croissants for breakfast, a delicious Thai buffet & fruit for lunch & a selection of soft drinks. There was always plenty & enough available to snack through the afternoon too! We were also in good company with the other divers we met on the boat each day- a great bunch of people from across the world. The old adage in life is that people make a place, well this is most certainly the case here.

Cannot thank everyone at Sea Fun Divers enough for the amazing experience we had. It made our honeymoon the most memorable holiday & we will definitely be diving with you again :-)
P.s; it is well worth investing in one of David's videographing masterpieces - fabulous memories

2  Thank Ian R
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Ian,

We happy to have two new enthusiastic divers and congratulations for your certification.

Thank you very much for your support and feedback that i have passed to all team, always good to see that efforts to make a good job get a reward in people satisfaction.

We wish you all best and great diving around the world, hoping to see you here in Phuket again

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The entire crew at sea fun is friendly and helpful, apart from Nick who is in the shop and answers the phone. Unfortunately I have come across him twice already and both times were a complete disappointment. Unfriendly, rude and simply not someone you would want to see representing a dive centre.
This is just an opinion, take it or leave it .

2  Thank Krud80
SeaFunDivers, Owner at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I have waited for few days before reply to Your review, I was quiet sure that Triadvisor would remove it. However didn't happen.

I believe that Tripadvisor has been created to give personal opinions about facilities, hotels, attractions and whatever is part of an holiday, not to make a personal attack to a specif person that you barely know and met just twice ion your life.

I'm sure your review violate the guidelines referring to some one using is personal name and being him the only Nick in charge of Sea Fun Diver dive center at Le Meridien, you could simply say that liked part of the service, thank you for using it, but not the customer service at the office.

Even better would be to address the problem to me directly, just enough call our hotline or send an email.

Sea Fun Divers CEO