“A top notch dive boat, excellent dive masters”

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The company is very organized and has a beautiful dive boat, which was much cleaner than other boats we have been on. Experienced dive masters led great dives in the Racha Yai area.

4  Thank jcbnc
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your support and your great review.

Always good to know we are doing a good job to make our Divers happy and our day trip enjoyable

We wish you all best and hope to have you again diving with us

Sea Fun Divers Team

in 4 reviews
"dive school"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We are a Navy Squadron who organized a DIve/Snorkle Charter with Sea Fun Divers during a recent port visit (May 2013). Coordinating the details of the all day charter for 25 pilots was extremely easy. Rene and his team bent over backwards to make sure we had a fun, relaxing day. The trip included breakfast and Thai lunch. Rene and his team also picked up some additoinal snacks and beverages for us and had them waiting on the boat when we arrived. His busses picked us up in the morning and dropped us off in the afternoon. No customer service detail was missed.

The boat istelf is great. Three levels. An extremely organized dive level with a large platform with 2 warm, fresh water showers. The restrooms onboard are extremely clean. The lower deck has an air conditioned lounge for those who can't handle the sun and the upper deck has a sun shade and large table to allow the group to socialize.

Boris and his team of dive masters kept the day fun and low stress. They focused on showing us two great dive sites while still keeping the day as realxed as possible. One of the most organized boats and crews I have experienced.

Sea Fun Divers is a great organization. They truly believe in quality customer service and giving their customers a great experience. I HIGHLY recommend them if you are heading to Phuket.

Tom F.

3  Thank Thomas F
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Tom we are very happy to give you guys a special day during your rest here in Phuket.

Always welcome and thanks also for the job you do around the world for us

We wish you all the best and hope to see you on holidays next time

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friend and I dove with Sea Fun Divers in May of 2013. From the moment we walked into the mainland office in Kata beach and throughout the dive trips we found them to be an excellent dive operator. Great help with planning and suggestions from manager Rob. The SF boat was top notch; clean, spacious and comfy and easy water access. The crew was good and professional and very attentive. Dive briefings were good and onboard food and snacks were good and plenty. There were few people on the boat at the time we were diving. Lastly, our dive master, Pae, was awesome! Nice soft-spoken guy who made my friend (with limited dive experience) feel totally at ease. He spent a lot of time pointing out things underwater that i would not have seen and he was very knowledgeable about sea life. I was very happy to see a native/national employed as a dive master, as often there are only foreign (mostly european) dive staff in many dive destinations. My only complaint was the one day cancelled by weather and the fact that i could not stay and dive longer!! (but neither was the fault of Sea Fun!) I have dove in many places in North, South and Central America and Carribean and it is rare to find a quality operator like Sea Fun. Truly a high quality dive operator!

3  Thank ddmpac
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Maguson thank you very much for your support and your great feedback, it is always good to see our divers appreciate the our job and the effort we do to keep an high quality service

I have passed your review to everyone with thanks

We wish you all best and hope to dive again with in Phuket

Sea Fun Divers Team

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our family took a 3-day, 2-night trip on the Sai Mai in April, and it was wonderful. We booked the boat because it is small, as my husband and I wanted to hit the great dive sites, but also allow our three kids (ages 5, 7 and 8) to snorkel and enjoy the ride. The boat was great, plenty roomy and comfortable accommodations. Food was wonderful and help was always available anytime you needed anything.

When we booked the trip, we hoped that we would be the only ones aboard, and indeed the owner told us the night before that we would be. However, to be safe, we had asked that he warn any other divers who booked that there would be kids aboard. After all, we understand that someone looking for a dive/party trip may not want to be bothered by children. In the end, we traveled with two lovely women from Germany, and learned that they had not been warned about the kids. Luckily, they were wonderful, and said they did not mind the kids being around an all. I hope they were telling the truth! But they were wonderful people and great dive partners.

Speaking of the diving, it was very good. Squid, octopus, ghost pipe fish, sharks, beautiful coral, it was all here. Andreas, the divemaster, was very knowledgeable and adept at finding the little creatures that you wouldn't want to miss. He also handled the gear so well, getting everything ready appeared effortless. Great prep talks for the dive, even resorting to his own homemade maps, when pre-made ones were not available. He was also fun to talk to topside.

A second guide, Jason, joined along to take the kids snorkeling while we were diving. He was endlessly patient, and the children had a wonderful time. My husband and I also did, as we knew they were well taken care of while we were diving. I'm sure this is not Jason's usual job, as he works dive boats and I'm sure is usually leading dives. But he was great.

Simply put, we would love to dive from the Sai Mai again when we visit Thailand. We would definitely request the same crew and staff. Highly recommend this outfit to anyone!

3  Thank Sandra S
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your time and the great review, i have passed to Sai Mai, Jason and Andreas.

Good to hear a very well done job made your holidays almost perfect

We wish you all best

See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just finished our dives with Sea Fun Divers. I can totally recommend them. The dive sites were wonderful and we experienced many drift dives (sometimes it was like being on a slow train under water). All we had to do was stop finning and enjoy the view. Communication from Sea Fun before we left Australia was second to none. Boat is spacious and the dive groups are small and there is food all day to help yourself to. Dive guides were very good and knew where all the various creatures lived. There was always someone to help you into the boat and before you knew it your tank was changed for the next dive. Warm showers on the back of the boat are a bonus. Very professional operation. If I was to nit pick then I would say even though the smokers are encouraged to stay at the back of the top deck you can still smell the smoke. I found this just a slight annoyance. I must admit I detest cigarette smoke though so probably have a very low tolerance for it. Also staff were smoking on the bottom deck near the toilets. All in all I would definitely dive with this Company again if we were in Thailand.

3  Thank kanga_tina
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Tina thank you for your support and review I have passed to boat crew the point about smokers and hope in future this won't be a problem for customers.

We wish you all best and look forward to diving with you again