“Awesome, great for beginners” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome, great for beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am SO glad that while in Thailand I pursued diving lessons for my kids, ages 21 and 8! They both swim like fish and were excited to try. The two instructors, James and Ryan, were SO, so nice and patient. My son was able to go in the ocean. My daughter is too young so she learned in the pool and had a BLAST; she didn't surface for an hour!
You can schedule time with an instructor (the office on the street, beach side), or schedule to go out on a dive.
Both my kids learned a lot and they are very excited to go out again.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank tao707
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Tao Thank you for your support and review we are very happy that your kids enjoyed the course and to be able to not just give certifications to divers but also to pass them our enthusiasm in diving . I have passed your great review to the instructors and all the team

We wish You and Your Family a Merry Christmas and all best for a wonderful 2013...hopeful full of great diving experiences

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience Diving with Sea Fun Divers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

It has been a great expereince diving with Sea Fun Divers. The initial email contacts and frequent phone calls have been fantastic exepreience from the timing I started the planning process in July 2012 for our family dive holiday in Nov 2012. They also helped us with hotel bookings and also transport arrangements which was an added plus for us. Eveything was smooth from the time we landed in Phuket and up to the dive day. The Dive boat was very new and well maintained and we had 2 great dives. Dive master was ok, we thought that he should give a little more attention to my 2 boys as it is really their 1st dive experience. Everything else was great thought including the food etc.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Asian65
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
First of all I'll pass the point about the children to the guides, as you said it is important to give total attention to them specially when first time divers

Then like to thank you for your support and your review, i have passed it to everyone involved in making your holidays a pleasure time

best wishes for a great new Year and hope to see you again diving with us soon
Hilversum, The Netherlands
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I did a one day dive trip with SFD, out of Phuket to Shark Point, the shipwreck, and one other dive. The boat was nice, the food was good. My last dive before this one however, had been almost two years ago. I was quite nervous during the first two minutes. Later on, another dive school told me they should have let me done a scuba review dive first. I understand this is partially my own responsibility, but I was never pointed to this possibility.

Also, the shipwreck dive was not performed according to what we had discussed prior to the dive. I was a bit dissapointed that we only hovered over half of the ship, instead of going next to it and actually seeing the ship structure very well.

All in all this is not a bad outfit, but I have seen better.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Travelledalot25
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your honest review, unfortunately without the exact date and your name it is difficult to track the facts.

However we always ask our customer about their diving experience and we suggest to do scuba reviews to those with only few dives logged and non diving since long. I should see your details to understand why a scuba review wasn't suggested, in example if you hold a dive master certification and have logged more then 200 dive despite last dive was two years earlier we don't ask for a scuba review. However you will probbaly remember that during your Open Water course has been told to do an introductory dive or a scuba review if you haven't dive for more then six months . many times we have suggested scuba review, that are not free of charge, and customer refused to do it.

about the dive profile there isn't much i can say, may be the guide saw you were nervous and so decided to stay more conservative and I don't see anything wrong in this or change he dive profile according to actual dive condition.

Thank you for your support and hoe to see you again diving in Phuket
Paris, France
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“SIMPLY PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

a great team of people who take you to fantastic spots for diving, who take care of you from A to Z; professionals, but also great fun to be with; a French/Thai atmosphere (wonderful Boris), but multilingual; great equipment, good food on board; up to three dives a day. A videophotographer (David, the Italian) who is also a great diver, does excellent filming under water and edits a 25 minute DVD as soon as he is back on board of YOUR dive.
No doubt one of the best diving weeks (team, location, fauna and flora to see) so far for us!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank profdrdipling
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for support and great feedback that has been passed to all the team.

We are glad to hear we can make the difference during your holidays and hope to see you again

We wish you all the best
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“VERY PROFESSIONAL WITH A HIGH STANDARD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was great to be able to pre-book everything online before arriving in Phuket, as we arrived on a late flight the evening before the dive. Everything ran perfectly, with a beautiful relaxing boat trip out to the dive sites and a very courteous dive master Mr P, who delighted in showing us the marine life, whilst still taking care of the nervous divers and looking after everyone's needs with the equipment.
We were very impressed with the overall standard of everything and after touring around Krabi and Phi Phi, we came back for a further dive trip on our last day.
Looking forward to further dives with Sea Fun Divers next year!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Fiona W
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Fiona,

Thank you very much for your support and feedback, I have passed to Pae and all the Team

We wish you all best and look forward to meeting you again next year