“Confidence Plus Diving Instruction”

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #4 of 14 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Sea Fun Divers made us so relaxed and confident in and out of the water. We had a class of 4 people, 2 who had dived before and 2 who had no diving experience. The way the instructor assisted the 2 non-experienced members was amazing, while not neglecting the other 2 in the class. I would recommend Sea Fun Divers for your PADI licence, in particular their instruction, the promptness, professionalism, cleanliness and all round friendliness of all they do.

2  Thank David E
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear David, Thank you for your review and your support ,

We are very happy to know that our customers enjoy diving with us as we put a lot of efforts to give best service we can

We wish you all best and look forward to diving with you agagin

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I headed back to Phuket for another holiday in July and decided to get my advanced open water certification with Sea Fun. I had a different instructor this time, Rene, who was a great guide. He helped me with my camera and showed me how to take some great pictures and even took his camera on the dives to get some pictures with me in them. (I have a cheap camera, his was alot better) Rene was very knowledgable about the dive sites and new exactly where to go for certain animals but still let me explore and do my own thing. The night dive at Phi Phi was great experiance too! Thank you Sea Fun for another great trip. I will be back again!

2  Thank Chance C
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for your tme and teh great pictures, gald to see you really enjoyed your Advanced Course, once again thank you for your great support

Greetings from Phuket

Reviewed July 17, 2012

After not diving much in a few years and only recently done a few refresher dives, my girlfriend (newly qualified OW) had 5 awesome dives with Pae our dive leader, we found him to be a very relaxed and calm individual and made a great effort to make sure we saw all the small and larger creatures on the reef, The hotel pickups were great and always ontime (even if the guests at some of the hotels along the way were not), the boat was fantastic and spacious with good snacks and endless supply of colddrinks, disappointing not to see any big fish but that is diving. Highly recommended dive tour group :-)

2  Thank CraigOgilvie
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Craig, Thank you very much for your support and the review, nice to see how many people appreciate Pae, I have passed to him your feedback. Once again Thank you and look forward to see you again diving here in Phuket with us

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My daughter (Morgan) has wanted to dive since snokelling at the Great Barrier Reef at the age of 6, so undertaking the open water dive course whilst on holidays in Phuket was a given. Morgan did her theory online pior to leaving Australia, so was only required to have some testing prior to entering the pool for first lessons. Whilst she was in the pool at the Le Merriden I wandered around and was able to pat the baby elephant that comes around daily. We chose the option of a one-on-one diving instructor (Rene). Racha Yai was the dive site for all her 4 dives. The boat was lovely, (I'v been on some shabby boat's in Thailand), clean and roomy, more than enough foood and drink provided.

Communications with the comapny prior to leaving Australia - Excellent
Transport (vehicle and boat) - Excellent
Dive Instructor - Excellent

Morgan has stated on more than one occassion - its the best thing she has done.

As special thank you to Rene for making this a life experience for Morgan.

1  Thank lis63
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Lisa Thank yuo very much for your support and congratulation to Morgan for her certification. We are very happy tto know we ahve been able to make He experience a magic mment and hope to see both you again diving with us.

Greetings from Phuket

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I dove with Sea Fun divers in June 2012 while staying at Le Meridien Phuket.

The good:
Timely pickup, very nice boat, great food and snacks, average equipment. The dive tour wasn't very crowded, so I had a one-on-one guide for the first dive. Overall, top-notch facilities and service.

The bad:
My dive guide was feeling sick with tooth pain after the first dive and wasn't able to do the second dive. These things happen and nothing can be done. The dive leader then suggested that I could dive with another fellow training to be a Dive Master. He advertised the replacement as a great experience that would be well-guided with plenty of bottom time. I agreed to go. This trainee either did not understand or did not care because he spent the entirety of the dive taking photographs and forced us to surface after 20 minutes. A really disappointing second dive.

Later that afternoon, I approached the owner (Nick) at the dive shop and calmly explained that I paid for two guided dives and I only received one. I thought a partial refund (25%) would adequately compensate for this lack of expected service. Sadly, Nick was quite curt and a bit condescending, refusing to consider any refund whatsoever.

Overall, this occurrence is probably an aberration and I'm sure Sea Fun Divers can be a fantastic company with which to dive. Unfortunately, my experience didn't live up to the quality I was expecting (based on reputation and price) and the ownership demonstrated no concern for their customer's satisfaction. I won't dive with them again.

1  Thank BL09
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your support and your review.
I was informed about your situation from Nick, the Dive center manager and the Staff on the boat. We were unable to follow up your grievances as you did not return to the Dive centre the following morning. It is a normal business practise to gather all the information regarding incidents before any decisions are made. Nick at the time only had your report of the days events and not also the relevent information from the boat.
However from the information we have gathered it seems that you did two dives. The second of which was 36 minutes, I'm sorry it was unlike your first dive of 60 minutes.
We are sorry you did not feel that your day diving was not satisfactory. Maybe, on your next visit to Phuket we can make it up to you.