“Disappointing”

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Austin, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I dove with Sea Fun divers in June 2012 while staying at Le Meridien Phuket.

The good:
Timely pickup, very nice boat, great food and snacks, average equipment. The dive tour wasn't very crowded, so I had a one-on-one guide for the first dive. Overall, top-notch facilities and service.

The bad:
My dive guide was feeling sick with tooth pain after the first dive and wasn't able to do the second dive. These things happen and nothing can be done. The dive leader then suggested that I could dive with another fellow training to be a Dive Master. He advertised the replacement as a great experience that would be well-guided with plenty of bottom time. I agreed to go. This trainee either did not understand or did not care because he spent the entirety of the dive taking photographs and forced us to surface after 20 minutes. A really disappointing second dive.

Later that afternoon, I approached the owner (Nick) at the dive shop and calmly explained that I paid for two guided dives and I only received one. I thought a partial refund (25%) would adequately compensate for this lack of expected service. Sadly, Nick was quite curt and a bit condescending, refusing to consider any refund whatsoever.

Overall, this occurrence is probably an aberration and I'm sure Sea Fun Divers can be a fantastic company with which to dive. Unfortunately, my experience didn't live up to the quality I was expecting (based on reputation and price) and the ownership demonstrated no concern for their customer's satisfaction. I won't dive with them again.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank BL09
, Owner at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your support and your review.
I was informed about your situation from Nick, the Dive center manager and the Staff on the boat. We were unable to follow up your grievances as you did not return to the Dive centre the following morning. It is a normal business practise to gather all the information regarding incidents before any decisions are made. Nick at the time only had your report of the days events and not also the relevent information from the boat.
However from the information we have gathered it seems that you did two dives. The second of which was 36 minutes, I'm sorry it was unlike your first dive of 60 minutes.
We are sorry you did not feel that your day diving was not satisfactory. Maybe, on your next visit to Phuket we can make it up to you.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with a fish-man instructor...”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I did my Advanced Diving Course with Seafun Divers in May and they were overall top notch professionals. From the prompt email responses to the high level of customer service, I felt well taken care of. The pick-ups from the hotel were excellent (even the driver was a good guy) and even though I never got to go out on the seafun boat (we took the Siam boat with a mixture of dive outfits and divers of all levels) I had a fabulous instructor to make up for it.
Boris de Fauconval is more fish than man! He has over 9000 dives and is acknowledged as one of the best dive instructors in Thailand. (Some of the other instructors on the boat told us this)I really enjoyed his relaxed but experienced style and the way he found so many baby creatures – little things can sometimes be the most magical. My dive buddy had a bit of an unexpected panic on the first day and Boris was such a competent leader that he managed to calm him right down very fast. He took control of the situation and made my friend feel safe.
I seemed to breeze through my skills, and I am sure it was because of Boris’s expert and calm style. Some of the Visibility on the first day wasn’t so good – but you can get that anywhere if you go offseason. I defiantly plan to go back to help with the ocean clean up days, and will do Nitrox next time. I can highly recommend this diving company for their professionalism, customer service, attention to detail and for employing an awesome crew of people.

Thanks Seafun and Boris! You have left me with wonderful memories and a desire to return!

1 Thank Maxmatic
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Max,

Thank you very much and we are very proud that despite weather and use of other boat Boris made the difference turning your diving in a great experience.

Thanks again for your support and look forward to meeting you next time in Phuket

Greetings from Sea Fun Divers Team
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Dived with Sea Fun Divers in May and would recommend them to novice or experienced divers. Their day trip boat new and not overcrowded with excellent facilities. Their dive sites were well chosen, King Cruiser wreck in the strong currents was good as was Koh Doc Mai, Racha Yai and Racha Noi were nice sheltered bays for winter diving with plenty to see.
Transfers to Chalong from the hotel was always on time and reliable. Will be back to dive the Similan Islands with them in the sunnier months.

Visited May 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Gary, Thank yu very much for your support and gald to know you enjoyed diving with us.

The Similans will repone in November so send us an email or call when you will have the dates.

Wish you all best
La Coruna, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good boat, good organization, but...”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went with a group of people last month to several dive sites with Sea Fun Divers. The boat was great, the crew and divemasters nice and helpful, however we were supose to use nitrox and find out that the divemasters were diving with air. In most dives this makes no diference, but when the deep increases, we were forced to finish some dives because the divemasters (not their fault) were in their no deco limit. That is certainly not fun!

Pae, we loved diving with you!

1 Thank keseke
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Diver from Spain, thank you very much for your support and your feedback. First of all I have passed to all the team and particularly to Pae that does his job with real enthusiasm.

I understand your point about the Nitrox, i have checked the records and anyway there was no limitation in dive time. Normally we do three dives only twice a week, your dive club asked for three dives a day for all length of package and this made not possible for some guide to do all dives deep. have to keep in mind that they dive basically everyday so their computers become very conservative. However I'll keep your point well in mind, limiting the number of dive in future for charter and make sure that all guide have some blend as their divers

Once again thanks for you support and hope to see you and your friend here in Phuket again
Clinton, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dive Master Training and EFR Instructor”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I went to Sea Fun Divers to take the Dive Masters courses (they were highly recommended to me by some locals in Phuket) and what a fantastic Dive Company! It’s hard for me to express how truly delightful my experience was with everything from the introductions, coursework, skills sessions through the wonderful boat diving! The staff were very professional, enjoyable (yes, even Giel smiled a few times!) and were always helpful. Candy’s “text book” skills, Rene’s constant encouragement and help and Giel’s “drive and push” all gave invaluable insights into the diving world. Even Nicks dry wit never got old! :) Having such different professionals available and working with all of them really helped give me a rounded view of the all the requirements. Thanks again and I will certainly be headed back!

2 Thank JamesVigSherrill
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear James thank you for your enthusiasm during your Dive Master course in Phuket. It is important for us as a team not just teach what is the books but also be able to pass some of our experience to those decide to become diving professional. All best best for your diving career and look forward to have you back diving with us.