“Good boat, good organization, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Kata Beach Phuket at our PADI 5* Instrcutor Development Centerlocated inside the Kata Thani Hotel along Kata Noi Beach. We also have offices in Karon Beach, Patong Beach and Mai Khao Beach Phuket. From our kata location, we do Beach Diving and Padi Courses. We have our own reef steps away from our dive center. We also run our own Daytrip Diving boat (we are not diving agent like many companies.) With the direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives we fel we have the The best facilities. Sea Fun Divers has 50m x 70m traiing pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 4 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. Our superior dive boat offers daytrip diving to Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai, Shark Pointa and other daytrip trip sites. We have a genuine commitment to personal service. Learning scuba diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket. Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 20 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving. Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
La Coruna, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good boat, good organization, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went with a group of people last month to several dive sites with Sea Fun Divers. The boat was great, the crew and divemasters nice and helpful, however we were supose to use nitrox and find out that the divemasters were diving with air. In most dives this makes no diference, but when the deep increases, we were forced to finish some dives because the divemasters (not their fault) were in their no deco limit. That is certainly not fun!

Pae, we loved diving with you!

1 Thank keseke
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Diver from Spain, thank you very much for your support and your feedback. First of all I have passed to all the team and particularly to Pae that does his job with real enthusiasm.

I understand your point about the Nitrox, i have checked the records and anyway there was no limitation in dive time. Normally we do three dives only twice a week, your dive club asked for three dives a day for all length of package and this made not possible for some guide to do all dives deep. have to keep in mind that they dive basically everyday so their computers become very conservative. However I'll keep your point well in mind, limiting the number of dive in future for charter and make sure that all guide have some blend as their divers

Once again thanks for you support and hope to see you and your friend here in Phuket again

Clinton, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dive Master Training and EFR Instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I went to Sea Fun Divers to take the Dive Masters courses (they were highly recommended to me by some locals in Phuket) and what a fantastic Dive Company! It’s hard for me to express how truly delightful my experience was with everything from the introductions, coursework, skills sessions through the wonderful boat diving! The staff were very professional, enjoyable (yes, even Giel smiled a few times!) and were always helpful. Candy’s “text book” skills, Rene’s constant encouragement and help and Giel’s “drive and push” all gave invaluable insights into the diving world. Even Nicks dry wit never got old! :) Having such different professionals available and working with all of them really helped give me a rounded view of the all the requirements. Thanks again and I will certainly be headed back!

2 Thank JamesVigSherrill
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear James thank you for your enthusiasm during your Dive Master course in Phuket. It is important for us as a team not just teach what is the books but also be able to pass some of our experience to those decide to become diving professional. All best best for your diving career and look forward to have you back diving with us.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very good service but expexted more of the dive sites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had email contact with the Sea Fun Divers and every mail was answered immediately! All enquiries were satisfied.

We were booked on a boat that is run by another company because we wanted to do a daytrip with 3 dives instead of 2 (which Sea Fun offers on Saturdays).

All transfers from/to the hotel were organised professionally!

The food on the boat was very tasty and the variety of different food was very good!

Our Divemaster Ryan was very nice and he seems to know the area very well. We had a nice chat and Ryan made me feel very safe during the dives. The equipment seems to be well maintained and was in a very good condition. The bottles were refilled while we had breakfast and lunch. The boat was not too packed with 25 people - enough space for everyone!

Unfortunately, I was a bit dissapointed of the divesites at Racha Yai and Racha Noi. I expected to see much more spectacular corals. The landscape under water was not what I expected of one of the top divesites in the world.... I have seen much better underwater world in Malaysia!
Nevertheless, the boulders are something I 've never seen before...

Sea Fun Divers did a great job! Hopefully there are more spectacular dive sites in the Racha Yai/Noi area...

Visited May 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, hope next time will be possible for you to try our day trip boat and i suggest to try Phi Phi. Racha Noi is good as you see for clear water and less boat on the dive sites. Ofetn mantas are seen around, despite i agree that coral gardens are not the best also due to strong currents there.

Once agin thanks for your support
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome team!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The team at Sea Fun were fantastic. We dove with several DMs over several days. Each were great at passing on tips and their passion for diving. Thanks Giel for your undivided attention while training us as Open Water Divers.

Visited April 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Daniel,

thank you very much for your support and congratulations to you and Clare for your Open Water certification

I have passed your feedback to Giel and rest of the team

Greetings from Phuket
frederiksberg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“diving at Phi Phi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

During a dive at Phi Phi Island, april 15-2012 I suddently felt a tremble and a noise, like I was loosing air, Í gave my instructor Boris the (going up sign) I was at 7-8 meter Boris a little lower..

Boris came at me like a rocket, grab my ankel and pulled me down, made me look up, and then I realized what was going on, a boat was passing right over my head.

I"m a new diver, never heard an boatengine under water before..

Therefore dive with professionals, Like people from SEA FUN DIVERS.
Thanks again Boris....

Regards John
Denmark

Visited April 2012
1 Thank john havmann e
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear John thank you very much for taking your time and post your review, we stress a lot how it is important to dive in small groups, so the guide can be aware of dangers and be there to help.

Our philosophy is based on this, we limit the number of people on boat and we keep the ratio to 4:1 for safety reason and to allow our customers to enjoy diving.

Also we have a professional videographer on board to take pictures and make videos so the guide don't have to be worry about this and they can perform their job with professionalism and also enjoying.

Once again thank you for helping to point out matters about safety

Enjoy diving