“absolutely fantasic”

Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House)
Ranked #19 of 64 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my friends stayed there for a week in this february. Beautiful quiet hotel with fantastic courtyard and pool. Nice and friendly people. It is located on quiet street, but all the shopping and dining is about 5 minutes away by foot. the beach is about 15 minutes buy foot, but you can always rent a motoroller from the hotel.
I recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very nice hotel: great staff and the pool looks lovely. We arrived at the hotel an hour too early, stored our luggage at the hotel and went to the beach, which is about a 5-10 minute walk.Checked in around 7 pm (reception is open till 11 pm or so), and the rooms are very big and clean. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and I cannot praise it enough. We had to move room once but we didnt mind as they upgraded us. The bed was huge and comfy and the rooms were large,airy and light. They were not so much cleaned daily as redecorated,they even cleaned the windows. The air con was really efficient which was great as it was so hot. The bathroom had a power shower and lots of big fluffy towels and toiletries. The tv had great movies and lots of channels for everyone, also the hotel provided lots of free bottled water and a well stocked mini bar which was reasonably priced. The restaurant was so friendly with lots of choice, they even catered for my sister who is vegan. The staff were so helpful and friendly and we arranged a few trips and airport taxi service through them.The swimming pool was lovely and cleaned regularly, they also provided free tea and coffee all day. There is a 7 eleven shop accross the street and they allowed us to purchase drinks from here to drink by the pool! I stayed here with some friends and their young children and the hotel staff could not have been more flexible for everyones needs. The beach is a ten minute walk away with lots of shops and massage parlours along the way to keep you entertained. The bars are welcoming and friendly and provided lots of games for children and adults.
This was my first trip to Phuket and I must say the hotel really made it a pleasure. We got a good deal as we booked and paid in advance. The receptionist even left a little gift in my room upon arrival. I couldnt recommend this place highly enough, I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I saw a couple of the rooms and they were all excellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

For the money we paid this hotel was not good. The bed is really hard and uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. The room wasn't clean and we found an old pair of underwear in a packet. The location is not great, a 20 minute walk from the beach. The good things are the staff are really helpful and friendly and the pool is a nice size and clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for just one night. First of all, this place and the rooms do not look like the pictures. The rooms aren't luxurious at all and they smell very damp. Our linen had weird looking stains on them (like blood or something). We had a discount because of low season, so for us the price was ok but the prices on their website are NOT worth it. Also, it's not close to the beach at all, it says 300 meters in their description but this is not true because you have to walk all the way around Club Med wich is blocking the beach with a big wall.

First the people here seemed friendly, especially the woman. But in the morning when we wanted breakfast, problems started. Because I'm allergic to gluten and also a vegetarian, I usually have a vegetable omelet for breakfast so I have to ask for a adjustment because most times omelets are with bacon/sausages and toast. I've never had a problem with this anywhere in Thailand, and usually I get a substitution and people are very friendly and helpful about it. In this place they wanted to let me pay 120 baht for just a PLAIN omelette (normally that's the price with bacon). I asked why I had to pay for bacon when I don't eat it because I'm a vegetarian, but they didn't want to do anything for me. I asked for the manager because the waiter didn't understand English very well, first he didn't want to come and when I did, he basicly told us to leave in a very agitated way. I've never been treated like this in Thailand anywhere, normally people are very friendly here and they usually offer me an omelet with tomatoes or something and when the omelet is part of a set, I don't have to pay the full price. Both me and my boyfriend didn't understand why we were treated like that while all I did was asking a question. I was very shocked about this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here for a week, the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The shower was a poor sight. we didn't have a proper door... patio doors which did not shut the entire way.. which made it very easy for mosquitoes. Also there was Building work from early morning to stupid a clock at night! and when we left the stuff were very rude.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed August 19, 2012

By far the best I've ever had, and believe me, I've had a lot of it. 120Bht. From the road the restaurant doesn't look up to much, but it's tasty, cheap and clean. Bar service can be a bit slow mind you - if there's no one there I just help myself!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family