“Home away from home”

Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel
Cuisines: American, Thai, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The Bar and Cafe provides great food,awesome cocktails and a Live Music/Karaoke Stage. R N' R is a unique & fun environment with an awesome friendly atmosphere! We are looking forward to meet, greet & treat you to an awesome holiday experience
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Home away from home”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Based on the numerous positive reviews, I booked two nights at RNR to start my 2.5 week vacation in Thailand. After being welcomed by Ricky, the owner, like an old friend, I knew that two nights wouldn't be enough. The dorms are great, the beds are a little wider than normal and super comfortable. All the rooms I saw were always clean and inviting.
It didn't take long until I learned about Ricky's passion for diving and his obsession with night dives at "his" reef at Kata Beach. After seeing some awesome underwater photos he took, I decided to stay a little longer and take the Open Water Course with Joe, R N' R Eco Adventures' awesome instructor.

In the mornings a lady called Ben prepares the best breakfast you can imagine, followed by awesome lunch and the Thai food you can order at Rick N Roll Music Cafe in the evenings is the best I've had during my time in Thailand.

At night there was always a fun bunch of people at the bar and I never felt like I was travelling alone. The bar staff at night didn't speak English as well as the staff during the day but they would still always try their best to communicate.

I also booked transportation with Nida during the day and felt like she knew exactly what she was doing and tried to find the best/fastest/cheapest way to get around.

Long story short, after I have left RNR I only lasted 3 nights somewhere else and decided to go back to do my Advanced diving course. Ricky and Joe both went out of their way to make it as fun and exciting as possible and I spent a couple of amazing days diving with them (including sharks, seahorses and all kinds of other cool stuff :) )

I highly recommend Rick N Roll Music Cafe as well as RNR Hostel and R N' R Eco Adventures. If you get a chance stop by. I know I definitely want to go back as soon as possible.

• Visited November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Feeling part of the family!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived at rick n rolls in the evening. (make sure u hav the telephone number the taxi/mini bus drivers are rubbish). We were welcomed with a shot. Beds were spacious and made of bamboo (quirky). Rick loves diving and although I couldn't do it for medical reasons I know others enjoyed it lots. We also did two nights of karoake. You can within reason do what you want. Rick and Joe are very accomodating. The rest of the staff are also lovely. I got sick and I got made toast even tho it was the ladys day off. Best of all rick, the rest of the staff and Ricks friends got you really involved.it felt like a little family to us.
We would love to return

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazingly friendly place!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stumbled into this place with my wife on Sat night and within minutes felt like I'd been a regular there for 20 years. Quickly met Ricky, the owner, who made us feel welcome and sorted out some drinks for us. Quickly made some new friends and we sat at the bar for the next 6 hrs chatting the night away.
Will definitely abe part if my itinerary on future visits!

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I saw a really pretty Thai Lady behind the bar, near the side walk. So, I stopped by to ask about a Visa run to Ranong, because my 30 days was about up. Really nice Thai Lady there Nida, hooked me up really quick. I also met the owner, Rick, and some of the staff. Mostly Americans. They gave me some really good advice in regards to obtaining the correct Visa, etc. I was so happy, that I came back later for a few beers, and later the cook "Boom", aka: Ben, made me some of the best Tacos! (pretty lady too!) Rick is also a SCUBA instructor, and and it's just a really cool place over all. I spoke to Rick about doing a "clean the reef dive". I was all for it, but my plans changed rather quickly, and I had to move on. I'll return to Rick & Roll in the future, and I regret that I was unable to dive with them. Cool people.

• Visited September 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Let me come back!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Where do I begin, just got home after spending a week at RnR and I really feel like I've left part of my family behind. This was my first time traveling alone and I can honestly say without the people at RnR my trip would have been half as good as it was.
The staff were amazing, the food was great, the atmosphere was so good I whole heartedly did not want to leave and I cannot wait until I can go back.
If you're looking for somewhere thats fun with a great atmosphere and close to everything you need while you are there then this is hands down the place to be.
Be seeing you soon RnR!!!
Adam

• Visited August 2012
Ricky Z, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Just want to say thanks for such a kind review.
We had a great time with you as well and goodbyes are the hardest part of having a hostel.
Please stay in touch and next visit we will take you diving so do come back soon!