Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Bar and Cafe provides great food,awesome cocktails and a Live Music/Karaoke Stage. R N' R is a unique & fun environment with an awesome friendly atmosphere! We are looking forward to meet, greet & treat you to an awesome holiday experience
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived at rick n rolls in the evening. (make sure u hav the telephone number the taxi/mini bus drivers are rubbish). We were welcomed with a shot. Beds were spacious and made of bamboo (quirky). Rick loves diving and although I couldn't do it for medical reasons I know others enjoyed it lots. We also did two nights of karoake. You can within reason do what you want. Rick and Joe are very accomodating. The rest of the staff are also lovely. I got sick and I got made toast even tho it was the ladys day off. Best of all rick, the rest of the staff and Ricks friends got you really involved.it felt like a little family to us.
We would love to return

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stumbled into this place with my wife on Sat night and within minutes felt like I'd been a regular there for 20 years. Quickly met Ricky, the owner, who made us feel welcome and sorted out some drinks for us. Quickly made some new friends and we sat at the bar for the next 6 hrs chatting the night away.
Will definitely abe part if my itinerary on future visits!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I saw a really pretty Thai Lady behind the bar, near the side walk. So, I stopped by to ask about a Visa run to Ranong, because my 30 days was about up. Really nice Thai Lady there Nida, hooked me up really quick. I also met the owner, Rick, and some of the staff. Mostly Americans. They gave me some really good advice in regards to obtaining the correct Visa, etc. I was so happy, that I came back later for a few beers, and later the cook "Boom", aka: Ben, made me some of the best Tacos! (pretty lady too!) Rick is also a SCUBA instructor, and and it's just a really cool place over all. I spoke to Rick about doing a "clean the reef dive". I was all for it, but my plans changed rather quickly, and I had to move on. I'll return to Rick & Roll in the future, and I regret that I was unable to dive with them. Cool people.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Where do I begin, just got home after spending a week at RnR and I really feel like I've left part of my family behind. This was my first time traveling alone and I can honestly say without the people at RnR my trip would have been half as good as it was.
The staff were amazing, the food was great, the atmosphere was so good I whole heartedly did not want to leave and I cannot wait until I can go back.
If you're looking for somewhere thats fun with a great atmosphere and close to everything you need while you are there then this is hands down the place to be.
Be seeing you soon RnR!!!
Adam

Ricky Z, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Just want to say thanks for such a kind review.
We had a great time with you as well and goodbyes are the hardest part of having a hostel.
Please stay in touch and next visit we will take you diving so do come back soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Was expecting this place to be friendlier given the reviews. Only stayed for one drink and didn't go back.

As you can see by so many positive reviews added from our guest it's unfair to judge a place over one drink. We do not stay 24 hours in the hostel and that day we personally took a group of our hostel guests out to a beach party. We also give PADI courses and arrange Amazing Island Tours and Awesome Dive Adventures.
To all readers please note: Rick N' Roll Music Cafe is a Eco Adventure Dive Resort and Hostel. We do pay close attention to our hostel guests and include all walk in visitors. There will be times a walk-in visitors will miss the action line up and our staff will make a point to inform them of the daily agenda. I do invite you back personally to see the unique attentive attention we do give.