“Ugh!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel - CLOSED

Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel
Cuisines: American, Thai, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The Bar and Cafe provides great food,awesome cocktails and a Live Music/Karaoke Stage. R N' R is a unique & fun environment with an awesome friendly atmosphere! We are looking forward to meet, greet & treat you to an awesome holiday experience
Perth, Australia
“Ugh!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Read so many reviews about this and quite looked forward to pop in for a quick drink to check it out. We were the only customers apart from some loud mouth Americans who really spoiled it for us. Did speak to a very friendly Australian girl. Waited ages for a cocktail. Been there, never again.

Visited August 2012
Ricky Z, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
As stated in an earlier response, I would love to say that R N' R is for everyone...However, The people that write a bad review ever so few usually do it because they expect bells and whistles at a establishment on a 24 hour basis. There are times when any property will have it's down time. It is a business and it needs time to check stock or even do some maintenance... Most of the time R N' R has low occupancy is because we have gotten a group of hostel guests together and take them out on a eco adventure or even an awesome scuba dive.
R N' R is a Hostel that caters to mostly young backpackers and yes they can get a little loud because guests are usually excited and having too much fun interacting with new found friends.. We are known as the travelers social solution.
R N' R is a youth hostel and not a older couples romantic retreat.
Your sad review is so outnumbered by so many loving and positive ones because our hostel guests get to see R N' R completely and not over a single quick drink.
We appreciate our guests young and old so we kindly invite you back with the above information in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Best hostel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed here for 6 days and although it's a bit more expensive than your average hostel, we have been given a tonne of free cocktails and been looked after really well. The staff are awesome, soooo funny and crazy and we will be so sad to leave. If you go to kata in Puket... Stay at rick and roll!!!!!! Or at least visit it an have a cocktail :D

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I remember shouting all those free cocktails... a wonder we stay in business. Thank you for your kind review.
Singapore, Singapore
“Scuba Diving, Bar, Hostel...Better than the Best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Believe it or not,I got my Padi Scuba Diving Open Water Certification here!!!
My friend and I run into this place for a drink at the last night of our Phuket trip in June. We had a great time there with the guests there and Ricky(the owner of RNR). Ricky made us laugh so badly!! The staff are incredible!! What they offer you is much more than just a drink, you will know what I am talking about when you come here! They helped us booked the taxi to the airport and it is 300 Baht cheaper than the price that my hotel offered us.
I planned to get my Padi Scuba Diving Cert in Malaysia in July, I end up changing my plan after I talked to Ricky, he told me that his hostel has this package for scuba diving.After I checked the price, it is way cheaper than what it is in Malaysia. So all I need to do is get a cheap air ticket and fly there, and that is what I did !! Btw, the owner Ricky is an awesome kindhearted guy,full of energy, you will never feel bored around him. He loves diving and wildlife, he even started a website to protect the sea.I appreciate that a lot!!
I stayed 4 days in RNR learning Scuba diving with Joe (the instructor there), I can barely swim and my knowledge of diving was terrible, but with Joe's help and 4 days' hard working, I passed the final exam and got certified, Wooohooo~ I'm a diver now.

P.s. Don't forget to try the lovely lady Ben's food, best sandwich/burger in the street!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RickyZenLazenko, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We are so excited with our R N' R Scuba Diving Club... Our goal is to clean and protect our local reefs supporting Thailand's natural and amazing marine life while providing a better under water environment and experience for our guests.. We will use a fare portion of course funds to continue in this effort...Scuba Diving is a great way to experience one of our Planets greatest Wonders...Thank you for your kind support and great review.
Wishing you continued safe & fun diving, Ricky
Rawai Beach
“Only hostel near the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are a few hostels on the east side of the island but it's 400Baht ($15) taxi ride from them to the beach. Great social atmosphere and lots of activities available. Free Wifi. Rick is a divemaster and is even starting a scuba diving center downstairs.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes, We are only a 5 - 8 minute walk to Kata Beach and we are excited to announce that you can get your PADI at R N' R and in mid October we will start our Beach Diving Adventures at Kata Reef...You can also join in our monthly reef clean up dives. Hope to see you on the beach, Ricky
Montreal, Canada
“Friendliest hostel staff i meet in my live!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rick N Roll it's the place to be in Phuket.... the staff are just incredible... They wake up the morning i was leaving just to give me a hug!!! The bed are great... small dorm with AC!!! And there an extra to all that!!! Ben's Deli is under the same roof!!!

Even if the dorm are quiet.... the common area is NOT..... lot of partying going there... u never want to go to bed!!!

Cheer