“Wonderful local food & good service at great value!”

Red Chair Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 173 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Red Chair has been in Kata for a long time and I have no doubt that it'll be here for a long time to come. It is a restaurant for locals & all who enjoy the various kinds of Thai cuisine.

It is a no fuss joint where consistency of quality has remained over the years I have been coming here. The variety is excellent and you'll be spoilt for choices. I have tried many dishes here and never once found reason for complaint even once.

I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat. Happy eating!!

1  Thank Hament R

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Delicious authentic Thai food served in a casual setting! I highly recommend this restaurant as I have been eating here for years!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is where the locals eat! Well worth finding - fresh food, well priced and a favorite among the locals. We ate there a couple of times - the Thai dishes are tasty and fresh. This is not in the main part of Kata and is not a fancy restaurant but food is exceptional. Excellent!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Kata, we ate here several times as it was a 5-10 minute walk from our apartment, and were never disappointed in the food or service. My favourite was the spicy country curry soup with fish, the red curry was a hit also. Well priced. Local Thai's also eating here, as well as picking up take away. Hard to favour over other good restaurants like the Kitchen and Eightfold who also served good food, these were our 3 favourites for food, with the Kitchen having the advantage of a bar, TV's and pool table. This review is for the Red Chair, not the Red Chair Plus which to my knowledge doesn't exist anymore.

1  Thank Groover69
Reviewed June 6, 2014

You get value for your money. Don't expect Michelin quality but enjoy the honest Thai food at low prices. Red Chair is visited by residents and long stay tourists. We had dinner here three times during our stay in December/January and recommend it for couples, family and friends!