“Not quite authentic but not bad!”

Red Chair Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews and as it was very close to our hotel (the Palmery) we thought we'd give it a try. We just came from vietnam where the food was good and we tend to enjoy our Asian food.

The restaurant is a typical thai shack with a kitchen in the back but they know they are catering for tourists and have taken advantage of tripadvisor exposure. Very friendly and polite. The food is westernised but still thai and tastes fresh. There are places that are more pricey but don't have the same atmosphere or fresh taste.

Pros:
Prices range from 80-150 baht (£1.60-3 a dish)
Friendly and polite staff
Quick and efficient (4/5 kitchen staff)
Not too spicy but you can add more if you wish
Fairly clean and tidy (for a small shack)
Usually busy which suggests good food and/or prices

Cons:
Not exactly authentic thai
A bit far for those in Kata beach area (15-20mins walk).
Might not get a table if it's too busy.
Not in a lively area so you might be stuck for places afterwards.
May be a good intro to thai food as the dishes are toned down
It's not big or modern so don't expect it to anything like thai restaurants in countries like UK.

Overall we enjoyed it and would go back if we had trouble choosing where to eat.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Certainly worth the walk from the main part of Kata Beach . Went there because of reviews on TA and we were definitely not disappointed . Beautiful authentic food and very cheap !

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great restaurant - Good food, good staff, Very reasonable prices. Good size dishes. Lots of locals and takeaways catered for.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

After reading all the reviews on trip advisor, I dragged my family for authentic Thai.
We ordered chicken larb, panang pork, battered squid , fried rice, food we would normally order back home. The service was quick alright... All the food in 10 minutes! Now, that to us rang alarm bells. The food was so bad ... I was really disappointed. I was hoping to find fresh , tasty , vibrant colourful Thai , instead we had bland , boring and orange food. To top it all off, I did not feel good ... I went back to the hotel and self purged.... My poor husband suffered that night. Luckily my kids did not eat the larb and panang... Soooo disappointing... I don't know what everyone else ordered but it may be cheap but you get what you pay for .. nasty!

1  Thank drdonski
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We fell upon this place as we were staying at Kata Pool Access and walked around the corner and then found this gem! we had heard about it and thought it sounded great. it looks very average on the outside but the food is absolutely delish and soooooooooooo sooooooooooooo cheap.

I even had a nice glass of wine with my meal. My son loved the gree thai curry. Highly recommend... dont let the outside of the place put you off as the food is amazing!