“Was tremendous for the price, but quality has gone down a bit.”
Review of Red Chair Plus

Red Chair Plus
Ranked #15 of 149 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Var
“Was tremendous for the price, but quality has gone down a bit.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had eaten there many times before as our bungalow was near the restaurant in March, last year. Good price, fast service, and food with taste, was a great mixture to eat often here.

When I came back to Phuket 6 months later their second restaurant on the other side of the road, was taken over by "two chefs", who had another restaurant again. Also waitresses, I recognized from before sometimes had a "two chefs t shirt".

Food was as fast as before. But when I had great fish with red curry before, it was blend now. Much less taste, approaching more the taste of the tourist restaurants more close to the sea.
Mind, I never ate bad here, but some dishes, were less refined and authentic then before.

More tourists, less locals also. Nothing I ate, I tried again several times, was bad. But it was not better then many other places serving local food.

Is it that in fact "two chefs" took over? They have a venture? They want more tourists? I don't know. Was I unlucky (in some places with fast service there are several cooks). My friend who lives in Phuket, and always eat Thai food, had the same opinion.

It is still an ok place, fast cheap and better then some other overpriced touristic restaurants. It just seemed to adjust more to foreigners taste then before.

For those problems finding it, it is on the road that leads to the fire-station. From Kata before on th right, from Patak road, after on the left.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
montreal
“GREAT FIND !!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this restaurant by fluke walking from the villa to the beach and I'm really glad we did !
It's the kinda restaurant where you can order pretty much the whole menu and its going to be good!
The price in unbeatable too really cheap really good Thai food !

Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Thai Food In A Busy Inexpensive Setting”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We ate here several times in December 2012 and January 2013. Its crowded and busy and very agreeable. Service is lightning fast and the food was consistently excellent and at a very reasonable price. Drinks are well priced too.

Montreal
“Very nice, all the way”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We where in Kata Beach for 8 days, and been there 4 times ! Food is very good, excellent and quick service, price very cheap for the quality ! Every time we were there the place was full !!

“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my wife fell in love with this restaurant! Even when we went to patong for a few nights we drove all the way here. Was recommended by our taxi driver, very cheap and nice portion sizes, lived the paad Thai! Never too busy when we went there as well. Looking forward to returning here again:)