“Excellent Diving and Snorkeling Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceanic Divecenter

Oceanic Divecenter
Ranked #5 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center from 1999 to 2012. Now upgraded to SSI and PADI Dive Center. Walking distance from both Kata & Karon beaches. The three British/Swedish owners have been instructing PADI and SSI courses, guiding dives around Phuket and assisting travellers in many aspects of their holiday for many years. Experienced, friendly staff provide all levels of PADI & SSI diver training specialising in NERVOUS BEGINNERS, families & JUNIORS. LOCAL DIVING, DAYTRIPS for DIVING and SNORKELLING- PHI PHI, Similan Islands, Burma, Hin Daeng/Muang.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Almaty
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving and Snorkeling Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

We found ourselves in Oceanic Divecenter accidentally. We were just walking by when it started to rain, my boyfriend saw a mask set in the window and suggested entering the office. Guys who were sitting outside welcomed us in to hide from the rain. Eventually, we left with the mask and determination to come back and buy trip tickets. We did not regret that we bought snorkeling (for me) and diving (for my boyfriend) trips from them. Snorkeling cost 2995 baht, whereas diving cost 3950 baht, if I'm not mistaken.
The trip itself was very well organized; the speed boat was nice and clean, the lunch they served was good, instructors were competent and very positive. During the trip, we visited Maya Bay.
Mini-bus picked us up at 9 am and we got back at around 5 pm - so it's an all-day trip. Equipment and masks were provided on board; you shall take cameras, of course. I hurt my legs when we were getting to a ladder through which we got to Maya Bay, so if you have special shoes in which you can swim, they would be very useful.
Very nice people work there; special thanks to Rachel for arranging the trip for us (when we told that we could get sea-sick, she was kind to buy medicine for us and give some useful recommendations, so we were fine), and Sean, instructor, for giving his clear and simple explanations and making sure that everything was alright.

1 Thank KseniyaSiren

London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great course for my 2 daughters aged 13...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Great course for my 2 daughters aged 13 and 11. Jonathan from Colorado did an excellent job over4 days to do the junior open water. My wife and I dived too on a day boat to racha yai and saw lots including a turtle. Price was competitive in a quiet low season. Website doesn't give great info on prices and schedule but Rachel gives very full email responses quickly. Shop is small but great.kit is modern and well maintained. Overall an excellent experience. I would recommend them to anyone. Jonathan speaks Japanese. Others Swedish + English.

1 Thank theholidaylover
phuket
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic scuba diving company in Phuket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

I would like to thank everyone at Oceanic, especially Rachel for being so professional & patient with my sons, Niklas & Fredrik. The older teenagers become the harder it is to keep them interested in any sort of activity. You guys did a great job at teaching them their advanced open water courses & giving them a fun time as well.

I would highly recommend Oceanic Dive Center to anyone looking for a professional operation in a good location where they treat you like one of the family.

From the moment you guys picked the boys up in your dive truck from our resort until early into the evening, my boys we're very well looked after and entertained for two wonderful days when Magnus and I could relax teenage free! Fantastic staff, great company, we will be back in Phuket next year and my boys are really looking forward to their Similan trip.
Thank you so much.

2 Thank thedutchesPhuket
Adelaide
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Junior Open Water course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

Our son, 10 years, did his Junior Open Water with Rachel, Joel and Håkan. Great staff who took care of him in an excellent way. He was seen and respected disregarding his young age. He grew as a person and diver and left well trained, strongly managed and certified after his course. We also went on a two day boat/diving trip to Phi Phi which was vert good. Nice diving and a lovely boat (Greta) combined with an excellent hotel on Phi Phi made the trip something to remember for me and my son Max.

We will go back to this dive shop again - superplace!!!

1 Thank SirCharlesAdelaide