“Great dive school!!”
Review of Oceanic Divecenter

Oceanic Divecenter
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center from 1999 to 2012. Now upgraded to SSI and PADI Dive Center. Walking distance from both Kata & Karon beaches. The three British/Swedish owners have been instructing PADI and SSI courses, guiding dives around Phuket and assisting travellers in many aspects of their holiday for many years. Experienced, friendly staff provide all levels of PADI & SSI diver training specialising in NERVOUS BEGINNERS, families & JUNIORS. LOCAL DIVING, DAYTRIPS for DIVING and SNORKELLING- PHI PHI, Similan Islands, Burma, Hin Daeng/Muang.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We enrolled for the SSI dive certification and I m happy we chose oceanic as the experience was amazing . Rachael was helpful from the 1st email I sent her and went out of her way.
Martin our dive instructor was superb and made sure we had learned the right way to dive he also taught us a lot about the marine life. I am already planning my next dive with them !

2  Thank Bonny85

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I haven't been on so many divecenters , but i don't know what more you can wish for , than you get at Oceanic ?
They have it all : Knowledge , humor , seriousity , a way of treating customers so they feel very "at home" ! You can stop there every time in the days...and sometimes in late nights too...and you always feel welcome !
A special thanks to Chris for helping me with OW and AOW. I had a really great time ! Thanks Joel for all the bike-discussions and hope you got that ZX9R at last..;-).
Thank you Rachel for all the email-conversations before I came. Always fast answers !! And ofcourse for everything you did for me....getting Tiffys , finding hotelroom , etc , etc....
Thank you Martin and Sylvie.....Very nice to meet you !!
I'll be back next year....and you guys are the first one's i will visit ! Feels like a second home..:-).

2  Thank Folke33
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was my first ever dive experience and I was very excited, however as soon as we got into the water panic struck!

I had never been diving before and i found it tough getting used to the equipment - i've always been afraid of not being able to breathe independently so suddenly found myself in a uncomfortable situation. It is a MASSIVE thank you to Rachel for being so absolutely fantastic in calming me and making me feel at ease.

Rachel and Chris were so attentive and patient and were the only reason I was able to continue with the dive and not abort. Rachel took my hand, kept eye contact with me and continually checked on me making me feel completely safe. I was literally struck by sheer panic and I cannot thank her enough for turning what was initially a scary moment into one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I loved the dive so much by the end that I now can't wait to get back in! It goes to show how important it is to choose the right dive centre. If it wasn't for Rachel and Chris taking such great care of me and going the extra mile I would have aborted the dive and doubt i'll have ever got the confidence to go back in.

So thank you to Rachel, Joel and Chris! I shall definately be coming back!

2  Thank Megan2013_13
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went scuba diving for the first time in Thailand with Rachel, Joel and Chris in February. They were extremely thorough with the training and I felt completely comfortable with them as they are so friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. The equipment is all new and really well looked after as are you when you dive with them. When we got to the beach they eased us in gently and made sure we felt completely relaxed in the water with the equipment. We had a fantastic dive which lasted around 2 hours and we saw hundreds of gorgeous fish. Having been diving with Rachel, Joel and Chris I was so enthused by it I am going to join a dive club at home and get a PADI certificate.

I would thoroughly recommend diving in Thailand through Oceanic Dive Centre.

3  Thank Hannah C
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Rachel & JOE are Very nice. First time in Thailand we enjoed in Phi Phi island. Second time... Amazing SIMILIAN. Next Year? Just ask them!!!!

Mr. Fabrizio & Mr. Riccardo