“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceanic Divecenter

Oceanic Divecenter
Ranked #5 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center from 1999 to 2012. Now upgraded to SSI and PADI Dive Center. Walking distance from both Kata & Karon beaches. The three British/Swedish owners have been instructing PADI and SSI courses, guiding dives around Phuket and assisting travellers in many aspects of their holiday for many years. Experienced, friendly staff provide all levels of PADI & SSI diver training specialising in NERVOUS BEGINNERS, families & JUNIORS. LOCAL DIVING, DAYTRIPS for DIVING and SNORKELLING- PHI PHI, Similan Islands, Burma, Hin Daeng/Muang.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

After having done the Advance Open Water with Oceanic, I returned to do the Rescue & Nitrox courses. This is why- They are a team of passionate & dedicated dive professionals, ensuring courses are well planned & executed. Lovely individuals- from owners, dive instructors to store staff. They promise to deliver & indeed they will. No frills whatsoever. Thank you Oceanic Dive Centre. I will be back for more courses.

1 Thank pamelalwy

Perth, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“PADI Accreditated, Fantastic Staff, GREAT DAY OUT!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

You wanna dive, choose these guys!! My husband is the diver and I am the snorkeller, Oceanic prepared a day for couples alike and we all went out and had the time of our life's! The trip was quick to Phi Phi, the tour was fantastic, their knowledge is great, the food was amazing, and their support was priceless. Top of the line!

Visited February 2011
1 Thank nellykinz
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Felt like I knew them before i even met them!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had been wanting to do my open water diving certificate ever since I had begun planning my holiday to Thailand well over a year ago..and was overwhelmed with the amount of choices there were! However from day dot, Rachel was so friendly and very informative answering all my emails within 24hrs. She offered to look for accommodation for me and made suggestions based on my budget and preferences which definitely made life a lot easier considering I had left it til very late into the trip to organise!

Joel picked me up the next day and drove me down to meet Rachel and my diving instructor Chris. They were such a great team who made me feel so welcome and at ease straight away which is comforting when you're on your own as a solo traveller.

Chris was an awesome instructor who was totally considerate of my first day fears and freakouts and did all he could to make the whole experience easier. By the end of it I was a pro..I had mastered all the skills I needed for my open water that I orginally hated on day 1 like taking off my mask underwater!

The team at Oceanic Dive are the perfect mix of professional and friendly and made my last 4 days in Phuket the highlight of my holiday..Highly recommend them to anyone looking at doing any diving. Look forward to heading back over and diving with them again some day! :)

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Natasha S
Almaty, Kazakhstan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oustanding, professional, fun customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I used the services of Oceanic during our two weeks of diving in Pukhet and similan islands, and from day one all the team at Oceanic made our holidays a fantastic time. I first contacted Rachel (manager) by email, i asked her for information about their services, and within hours she replied with a very explicit message, suggesting itineraries, answering all my questions and offering all the advice possible to plan a good trip, so for days we were planing our diving schedule until we got it just right for us. She even conviced me to take my Open Water Diver certification, which I could not be happier to have done. The day we arrived at the divecenter we met Chris (my diving instructor) and Joel (co-owner) and after i completed my course we had one of the best dives ever. Joel and Chris are very professional and fun, they know a lot about the diving sites, and what i loved the most about them was their continuos curiosity while diving, which helped to see many animals.....sharks, turtles, cave exploring......Actually, i was named "shark girl"
and my hubby was " the colombian brick"......hahahhahah!!!

There are lots of divecenters in Pukhet, but we chose the best. I have to thank Joel for finding me the best mask there is......he also got my husband a perfect BCD. If you need anything equipment wise, just ask these guys and they will do the impossible to get it for you, and with great prices!!

Rachel, Joel and Chris, we thank you so much for a great holiday!!!! You guys are the best, congratulations for the great work, please keep it up......!!!! Say hello to Captain James :)

Shark Girl

Visited November 2011
1 Thank paedti
Geelong, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic one of the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

i was in Phuket on a vacation after a week in Bangkok on business and had pre arranged a couple of dive courses with Oceanic. my initial contact was Rachel, when I arrived i was met by Stephan and Joel and i was teamed up with Stephan., I cannot say enough great things about this young guy as he is only 21 and so mature in his diving instuction and the procdures he adheres to. At one point in my nitrox course I went off track at a wreck dive so I just waited and he came back and got me as was previously arranged , thou it was my fault I was running low on air and i had to use about 6 min of air from Stephan's tank as practised in the PADI rescue it went without a hitch. I have dived with quite alot of dive companies around the world and this has to be one of the best out there, so if you are looking for a dive company of extremly high standard you will not better this place. I was impressed with there total focus on providing the best experience they could give and I cannot thank Stephan enough for the great experience I had. When i go back to Phuket again I will only dive with Oceanic and suggust you do the same.Thanks guys.

JOHN B.