“A great location”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Bribie Island, Australia
“A great location”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I took advantage of one of those deals that seems too good to be true which involved 4 nights at the Katathani lesser hotel which is situated in the same grounds as The Shore which we also spent 4 nights. The first part was quite pleasant, our room had sea views, was spacious and clean, it a very large hotel more directed to families and if I had to rate would probably be around 4 stars or slightly less. It had a very good spa, several large swimming pools and almost had the bay to itself. The hotels are located in a very quiet area about 5 minutes from the town where you can catch a local bus to Patong Beach if you chose to. The town has plenty of good quality cheap restaurants and reasonable shopping. The other hotel, The Shores, couldn't have been more different, each room had it's own pool, great views and despite the villas being close were very private. The facilities were 5 star and if you need a bit of romance in your life dinner in the outside restaurant with all the candles lit finished the night perfectly. Overall I found nothing to fault the place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Philip A,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am very happy to read that you had a great stay in both of the properties. Be assured that I will pass your comment regarding our Spa to all the concerning departments.
I hope you had a hassle trip back and hope to welcome you back “aShore” and at Katathani in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let me start by stating the obvious: The Shore's rates are arguably exorbitant compared to other resorts and hotels in Kata. This, of course, might turn off some tourists particularly those traveling on a budget. For these guests and tourists, there are definitely others that offer more pocket-friendly prices. But there lies the rub: The Shore isn't quite like any other resort or hotel. Everything about it just works--from the infinity pool sitting outside your room to the well-appointed toilet and bath fixtures and amenities. You can tell that the developers really took their time in making sure that their guests' stay with them will be truly one of a kind.

My wife and I went to Phuket last May for a typical change in scenery. We come from the Philippines and every summer, it's almost tradition here to hit the white sand beaches of Boracay. This time, however, we thought of going some place different to experience something new. Phuket was one of those places in our list. It has none of the glitz and frenzy of Patong Beach and that's just how we like it. We wanted some quiet time away from all the noise and bustle and we found that in Kata Beach.

This was the first time my wife and I were taking an out-of-the-country trip together without our daughter and I really wanted to make it really special. I went online to do some research and look for an excellent hotel/resort. The Shore came through for me/us: The private pool gave us a picturesque view of Kata Beach, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on and their staff were all very courteous and accommodating (Special mention to Sylvia who's also a Filipino. She went above and beyond her call of duty to make our stay truly enjoyable. If you're reading this, Sylvia, we want you to know you did an amazing job!)

For those who have the budget and don't want to scrimp on excellent accommodation, I highly recommend The Shore. This much I know: We will surely come back.

Room Tip: If budget permits, pick the seaview villa with private pool. Excellent. Better than advertised.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chad_Rosario
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Chad_Rosario,

I am very happy to read that you had a great holiday. Be assured that I will let Sylvia know about your comment.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

this is without question the best resort in phuket for honeymooners in terms of luxury, location, view, and service.
We thought it was a bit pricy when we booked it, but when we got there it all made sense! The place is sublime.

Advice: get a sea view villa in the month of April or May.
We were lucky enough to go in early June and still could enjoy the sunny weather, but that doesn't usually happen in Phuket.

I would also recommend to make your stay for 4 nights max and then move to somewhere in the heart of Patong since most of the touring is in that area.

All in all, it's worth every penny you put in it, you will not regret it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Karim M,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I am really happy that you could enjoy your Honeymoon with us. Be assured that I will pass your comments to all of our staff.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This is definitely the best resort we have been to and probably the best we will ever encounter. The private villa is just beyond reality. We happen to have the one with the gorgeous sea view, right facing our bed. It's also secluded which gives us a lot of privacy and silence. You don't hear anything but the sea waves, the tress brushing and the birds. We definitely recommend our villa: #8873. The service is also amazing. You find the staff so eager to help you in any way. The restaurant also has the best food with very good prices! This is our third and last day here, we wish we could have stayed more but it's too expensive for us, though it's totally worth it!

If you are wondering about the weather, it's just perfect. The forecast stated that there would be showers now but it's sunny and hot, but not too hot! We have been told that even if it does rain, it would only occur for half an hour.

I couldn't be happier for choosing this place as my honeymoon destination.

P.S: we just received a complementary fruit basket as I'm writing this! Just lovely :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Farah N,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to read that you had an exquisite honeymoon. Please be assured that I will pass you comment to all of our staff.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed there for my honeymoon. This is a magnificent hotel, view is amazing, room is very clean and beautiful. The private pool is very big and very private. Staff is professional and welcoming. Make sure to get a golf car to the restaurants at night, we had an amazing seafood dinner at one of the restaurants that I don't remember its name. There are some nearby hotels that are all related to Katathani which is the chain name, you can access all the hotels and restaurants as a guest of the shore. We had a nice walk outside the hotel, not much things to do rather than massage places. Overall, a very stunning hotel, we had an amazing time.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for upper levels rooms which are more private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear bassemkhour,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Shore.
I am happy to read that you had an unforgettable honeymoon. Be assured that I will pass your good comment to all concerning departments.
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights for our honeymoon. The villa we got was perfect (4th level) with an unobstructed view of the ocean. The bed was very comfy with a selection of different types of pillows, the bathroom tastefully designed (clean lines; beautiful tub).

The heated infinity pool was just awesome.

We had our breakfast delivered to our room every morning. There was a daily complimentary afternoon tea at the restaurant.

The experience was perfect.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear chrrlsnsn,

Thank you very much for taking your time and write us this nice review.
I am really happy that you had a perfect honeymoon. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I will pass your good comment to all concerning departments.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” for your next anniversary.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a perfect 6 nights at The Shore. Everything was wonderful, the food was exquisite, the staff were very friendly and polite at all times they really made the stay even more enjoyable.

The location is stunning, the views from the sea view villas are out of this world, the villas are kept in immaculate condition and have all the equipment you would expect from a 5* resort.

The atmosphere is very tranquil and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.

Kata beach is a public beach but predominantly only visited by hotel guests. The beach is only a stone’s throw away and is kept clean and tidy.

We had a wonderful stay at the Shore and couldn’t have wished for anything different.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Emma P,
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I am really happy to read that you had a perfect relaxing break. Please be assured that I will pass your comments to all the concerning departments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#2 of 322 in Patong
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!