Let me start by stating the obvious: The Shore's rates are arguably exorbitant compared to other resorts and hotels in Kata. This, of course, might turn off some tourists particularly those traveling on a budget. For these guests and tourists, there are definitely others that offer more pocket-friendly prices. But there lies the rub: The Shore isn't quite like any other resort or hotel. Everything about it just works--from the infinity pool sitting outside your room to the well-appointed toilet and bath fixtures and amenities. You can tell that the developers really took their time in making sure that their guests' stay with them will be truly one of a kind.
My wife and I went to Phuket last May for a typical change in scenery. We come from the Philippines and every summer, it's almost tradition here to hit the white sand beaches of Boracay. This time, however, we thought of going some place different to experience something new. Phuket was one of those places in our list. It has none of the glitz and frenzy of Patong Beach and that's just how we like it. We wanted some quiet time away from all the noise and bustle and we found that in Kata Beach.
This was the first time my wife and I were taking an out-of-the-country trip together without our daughter and I really wanted to make it really special. I went online to do some research and look for an excellent hotel/resort. The Shore came through for me/us: The private pool gave us a picturesque view of Kata Beach, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on and their staff were all very courteous and accommodating (Special mention to Sylvia who's also a Filipino. She went above and beyond her call of duty to make our stay truly enjoyable. If you're reading this, Sylvia, we want you to know you did an amazing job!)
For those who have the budget and don't want to scrimp on excellent accommodation, I highly recommend The Shore. This much I know: We will surely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach