“Heaven on earth”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at the Shore (4-8 May 2014). This place absolutely exceeded our expectations even after reading all the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. When we arrived at the airport we were taken back to the hotel in the world's most comfortable mini van (which had seats that gave you a massage!!). We were then welcomed by the lovely Sylvia and provided with a lotus garland and a cool drink. Our room (8831) was flawless. The bed was decorated with roses and swans, as well as a banner wishing us a happy honeymoon. The place was clean, with the most breathtaking views over the Resort and beach. We spent many hours in the infinity pool soaking up the sun and looking over the stunning beach. The service and friendliness of the staff were second to none, with eveyone going out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Happy hour is a fantastic touch with half price cocktails. We found ourselves down at the Harbor everyday to watch the sunset. I could not fault the location either. Kata Beach is by far the cleanest and most peaceful beach in Phuket. It's only a short taxi ride to other places in Phuket and we were happy to keep some distance between us and Patong. However, if you are interested in venturing into Patong, there is a nightly shuttle service that takes guests from the Resort to Patong for a nominal fee. We ate at the Resort just about every night and the food was delicious. Although, I must give a special mention to the breakfast buffet held every morning. There is such a large array of yummy foods. Not to mention the egg station which cooked me the yummiest omelettes on a daily basis with a beautiful message. We absolutely adored this place and it has moved right to the top of our favourite hotel list. We will certainly be back and thank the Shore for giving us the most incredible start to our married life together.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the pool villas. However, we stayed in villa 8831 an...
2  Thank Rebecca B
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Rebecca B,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Congratulation one more time, I wish you all the best for your married life. I am really happy that you found heaven on earth. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us. Be assured that I will pass all your good comments to each concerning department.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” for your next anniversary.

There are newer reviews for The Shore at Katathani

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great resort this, we loved every minute of it, booked it as the last stop in an excellent tour of the region organized by andaman adveentures (top marks to them for a hassle-free holiday, for recommending some great places to stay at reasonable prices). The Shore is a place I would recommend for those who appreciate good service, affordable luxury and fine cuisine. The staff are very friendly and the accommodation is high class. I really can’t fault this place, full marks to the staff for a great stay, thanks a lot.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana R
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Dana R,

Thank you so much for writing us a comment on trip advisor.
I am really happy that you fully enjoyed yours stay in Thailand and as well with us.
You comments regarding our staff be assured that I will inform everyone.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We spent a week 1-8 May at this fabulous resort, it went beyond our expectations! The lovely Noah welcomed us to the Shore with garlands and a refreshing drink. We were taken up to our villa (8833) to find the bed beautifully decorated with swans and roses, flowers, cakes and fruit were awaiting us. The villa was wonderful, well appointed with a view over the bay to die for. The bathroom was spacious and I'll never forget being able to shower whilst watching the beautiful sunsets so beautiful. The villa infinity pool was a godsend to cool off in and from it you could watch the beach and often the weddings taking place nearby. It was very clean and fresh linen and towels appeared everyday unless requested otherwise. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and did everything they could to ensure we had a wonderful time - in particular Smart, Minnie and Jack (the barman) at the Harbour a big thankyou - khaawp khoon caa! for going out of your way to make us feel special! The food is excellent and we ate out everynight we particularly liked La Scala which is housed in the next part of the resort, wonderful food - and air conditioned for those hot nights! I would recommend a spa - they are fabulous! 3 hours of bliss, well worth it.
Thanks to all at the Shore, we hope to come back again before long, in the meantime thanks for the happy memories.

Room Tip: Get a villa with a sea view, go in April/May nice and quiet although the weather can be unpredictabl...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Doreen C,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore.
I am very happy that you found paradise. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. Be assured that I will pass your good comments regarding our staff and establishment to all concerning departments.

Sven Oldenburg

Reviewed May 18, 2014

very Good hotel. very CLEAN, and very polite staffs, good service, good interior design with a good kata beach view. A little bit pricey and the location is far from the famous patong beach. really good experience!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Jimjayd,

Thank you very much for writing us this nice review.
I am really happy to read that you had a perfect stay. Be assured that I will pass your comments regarding our rooms and staff to each department. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and I hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

After having spent 4 nights there, we can say: Great location, very friendly staff and fantastic rooms. What can be improved is the breakfast and dinner, this was good standard, but not more. A bit more “creativity”.couldn’t hurt. But all in all we can really recommend this hotel. Make sure you get a room with view as some of the apartments are hidden and not always offer sea view.
They offer complementary Buggy service to the nearby shops and there is also a small complimentary happy hour buffet, which is a nice gesture.
Special thanks goes to Sven OIdenburg, the manager, who took care of us really nicely

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sharkdive1,

I am really happy to read that you had a great stay. Be assured that I will pass your comments regarding our rooms and staff to each department.
I am sorry that we not fully meet your expectation regarding our food.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

My girlfriend took me here as one week of a two centre break for my birthday. We described what greeted us as romantic perfection. Everything was designed to make our holiday a break that neither of us would ever forget. The room, the view, the staff, the location, the sheer quality have to be experienced to be believed. Can you imagine having your breakfast eggs cooked in a heart shaped mould on toast cut into the same shape.

Then there was the added advantage of having the entire facilities of the adjacent resort to enjoy, which greatly increased the dining options. That said there were a number of very good local restaurants willing to send transport for us. The reception staff were a class apart. It seemed there was nothing that couldn't be achieved. We. Are already researching our next visit.

Room Tip: Trust the reception staff.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear 12017,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. I am happy to read that you had a very good stay here at the Shore and will in particular forward your appreciation of our staff to all departments as a direct feedback.
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and I am looking forward to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Shore is such an amazing place to stay in Phuket. They were so welcoming when we arrived. Everything was arranged perfectly for us. We even were welcomed with fresh jasmine wristlets and drinks to kick off our vacation. The staff make it a point to always say hello when you encountered them. The only complaint we had was getting back to our room because the hills are extremely steep to the higher villas. We would wait a while for the cart services they provided but it would take some patience for them to arrive. We attempted to walk a few times but the heat is intense and after a night of drinking that's usually the last thing you want to do.
The grounds to the resort are absolutely breathtaking and getting out to the beach is very simple. # 1 advice we have is rent a scooter as soon as you arrive. The resort is in somewhat of a cul-de-sac so a scooter is the best way to get around. We survived for a day on foot and decided that the only way to explore is scooters.
The view from our villa was amazing!!! I literally felt like Samantha Brown on Travel Channel. The pool in our villa was so relaxing and private. It was completely surreal. Everything in the room smells like eucalyptus which was so soothing. Our bed was insanely comfortable and they even provided eucalyptus eye pillows for us! All in all the resort made our trip complete and we couldn't be happier with our stay :).

Room Tip: 8844 was our villa and the view....the view! :)
3  Thank Lauren H
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Lauren H,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience here at The Shore.
I am really happy to read that you had a fantastic stay. I apologize that our buggy drivers were not fast enough to pick you up. Be assured that I will talk with the drivers to reach faster to the guest so they don’t need to wait long time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!