We stayed at The Shore at Katathani for our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed everything about this magnificent property. The hotel consists of private villas on a mountain side facing onto a beautiful (and spotless!) beach. Our room was spectacular (8813) and even though it wasn't too high up, we had plenty of privacy on our balcony and private pool. We also had easy accessibility to the front desk, beach and hotel pool and breakfast areas, which would have been more challenging had we stayed on a higher 'floor' and had to make use of the golf buggies to get around. I would recommend rooms 8813 and 8823 for these reasons and suggest going for a sea view room if you are already splurging on a stay at this property. The service in the hotel was impeccable and I would like to say a special thanks to Austin, our concierge who not only helped us plan our transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi Islands (our destination after The Shore), but also took it upon himself to help us arrange the logistics of the subsequent leg of our trip from Phi Phi to Koh Samui - helping us book a private boat, taxi and ferry transfer at very reasonable prices. Austin also did a great job surprising us with beautiful floral arrangements, sparkling wine, and delicious treats on each day of our stay, which added to our enjoyment of this property. The beach of the hotel was spotless and the water was very clean. A variety of tours, beach activities and entertainment options were available through the hotel, and usually restaurants and entertainment venues would send a complimentary shuttle to pick up hotel guests when arrangements were made through the front desk.The hotel provides an extensive breakfast menu and the pool bar has reasonably priced Thai food that is very well-prepared. Overall, our stay and experience in this beautiful property was excellent and we believe this is one of the best options in Phuket. If there was one small negative to this property then I would say it is the fact that this hotel is located at the very end of Kata Noi road and as such is somewhat far (20-30min walk) to downtown Kata, necessitating a taxi pretty much everywhere. However, this is likely desired by most people who stay here given the privacy and magnificent grounds of this property. The distances by taxi are very reasonable, with Kata Beach downtown a 5min ride away, Karon a 10min ride and the craziness of Patong about 15-20min away via taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach