“A fantastic place to relax”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 weeks at The Shore and I would rate the whole experience as one of the best hotels I have stayed in, anywhere. And I am fortunate enough to stay n 5* hotels all over the world.
From the reception on arrival, the room, the facilities, the little touches……the whole friendly nature of the superb staff, there was not a single thing i could fault.

A perfect location, away from the madness of the sister property just next door (500 rooms) the Shore with its +/- 50 rooms never seemed busy.

Complimentary afternoon tea, cooling drinks served at your sun bed, a perfect setting for couples who just want to chill and relax.

The location on Kata Bay is just wonderful and local restaurants at all price elves, make the choice the perfect one.

If you want to see where to eat I have posted some reviews of places we went to as well.

JUst go to the Shore, you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms have private pools, some without sea view…… ask for one in the middle rows, of vill...
2  Thank Martin L
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Martin L,

thank you very much for taking your time to give us this fantastic Trip Advisor review.

I am glad to read, that you you could relax and recharge your batteries here at the Shore.
Thank you very much for your comment regarding our Staff, Food and Room.
I will let every department know about your positive review.

Regarding your room tip, just let me clarify that all of our villas have a private pool.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back aShore in the near future!!
Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the Shore for 5 days after a busy few days in Bangkok. From the second we entered the resort until the last second we left we were constantly blown away with its beauty & the friendliness of all the staff.

We were in room 8825 which had a cheeky partial sea view. The room was absolutely perfect. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The housekeeping was second to none. We loved the turn down service which left you with a small gift each evening.

We arrived on an evening where there was a full moon, and ate in the Harbour restaurant. This was without question the most romantic evening of my lifetime (we are now worried we'll never be able to top this on Honeymoon next year!!!). We had a 6 course meal with wine watching the Chinese lateens fill the sky. We were given a candle/flower arrangement and told to float it on the water for good luck. There was a lady with a guitar singing love songs - it could not have been anymore beautiful!!!

We had breakfast delivered to the room on the first day which was bang on time & gorgeous. The next few days we went down to the Harbour restaurant and the variety and quality of food was outstanding.

All of the staff on the resort were fabulous. The golf buggy guys were always eager to give us a lift & very friendly. We particularly liked the security guy at the main entrance who saluted you and said good morning/afternoon etc when you left or entered the resort.

There is nothing I could fault about this place. Even though the weather was poor & rainy for 3 days of our stay, we still had a great time. There are a number of activities you can do I rainy days - I had great fun in a 2 hour fruit & vegetable carving lesson.

I would defiantly recommend this as a honeymoon destination, or for any type of special occasion!!! The best hotel I have EVER stayed in!!!

2  Thank JenifaHaych
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear JenifaHaych,

thank you very much for taking your time to give us this phenomenal Trip Advisor review.

I am glad to read, that you found absolute heaven here at the Shore.
Thank you very much for your comment regarding our Staff, Food and Room.
I will let every department know about your positive review.

I am happy that the Loy Krathong festival left you such a memorible honeymoon.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back aShore in the near future for your coming honeymoon!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I and two adult sons were lucky enough to be upgraded to The Shore for our last 2 nights of our week long vacation at Katathani Beach Resort which we also loved. We had a 2 bedroom villa with our own infinity pool, a beautiful view over the beach and large enough for us all to have our own space. Every detail of the decor was outstanding, the personal attention and friendliness of the staff and the food was wonderful. I certainly hope to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DebSwim

Dear DebSwim,

thank you very much for taking your time to give us this outstandig review on Trip Advisor.
I am glad to read that your stay was wonderful. Also that you mentioned our friendly staff and the amazing villa.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back aShore in the near future for your next holiday!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Like many other reviewers, my husband and I found paradise at The Shore. We certainly splurged on the sea view pool villa overlooking the beach, but it was our honeymoon and well-worth the expense. I was blown away by the beauty of looking out from the infinity pool or just lying in bed and being able to stare out at the magnificent beach and ocean. Without question, the room was stunning.
We also loved everything about the hotel, especially the staff and the amenities. I particularly enjoyed the little touches, like the different turtles you can place on the bed or in the bathroom to indicate whether you needed fresh linen or towels, or how every night we were presented with a small gift and card explaining the color of the week and it's significance. I am also very surprised by the reviews commenting on the buggy drivers. We found them to be nothing sort of wonderful - polite, prompt and always welcoming us with a smile.
The Shore really is the perfect place for couples looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway. In comparison, we dined one night at the property's sister hotel and noticed the difference in atmosphere right away.
I no doubt plan to return to The Shore to celebrate at least an anniversary or two!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RK22
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear RK22
Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor. Your kind compliments towards our Buggy Drivers and all our staff make us very happy.
We are glad to hear that you had a great honeymoon and that you find paradise here at The Shore.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back aShore in the near future for your coming anniversaries!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is the perfect resort to relax, chill and catch some rays with beautiful scenary with the sea view room. I would recommend to anyone to go if they would like to recharge their batteries. Most of the staff were welcoming & friendly, the hotel is very boutique and you feel special, my only critisim would be for the buggy drivers to be a bit frendlier but all other satff were amazing.

We hope to come back again.

Room Tip: sea view room is a must
1  Thank VictoriaL30
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear VictoriaL30,

Thank you very much for taking your time and give us this special review.
I am really happy, that you fully enjoyed your time here at The Shore and that you could recharge your batteries.
Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff.
We wish you a good time back home, and we all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future for another fantastic stay!

Yours sincerely

Resort Manager & Team

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have just checked out of the Shore hotel after spending part of our honeymoon here and we are very glad we chose to treat ourselves to a stay here. It is a beautiful place with fabulous staff who will all go the extra mile. It is set in a steep area and there is a golf buggy on call to take you around whenever you need it. They are there within a minute. This is a very efficiently run hotel. You can relax in your own private pool and the inside space is large and airy. Altogether a wonderful experience for us both. Beautiful location too.

Dear vbeattie,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful honeymoon. Thank you also for your kind compliments towards our staff, I am very happy to hear that you find them fabulous.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back “aShore” for another great stay!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I was raised in dubai,so i have very very high standards when it comes to hotels.
This place surpassed my expectations.
We came here for our honeymoon. And boy was it worth it.
The van was waiting for us when we landed,we were welcomed with cold towels and water. It was raining heavily but the driver was very professional and the drive was rather pleasant.
Our villa was 8841,kind of high and secluded in a perfect way.

We ordered room service a few times,the food arrives within 20 minutes, it's usually delicious. In our duration of stay we tried their steaks,burgers,noodles and fried rice. The noodles being their best!
We had breakfast in our room twice,yummyness with a view! The other days we had it in The harbour,lovely place with a great view and amazing pina colada.

The buggy drivers and cleaning maids are very efficient yet respective of our privacy,we really appreciated that.
We didnt always have cash to tip them but they were always nice nonetheless.
We dealt with Austin,he's a very sweet guy;Jim zung & Non as well! Our constant help was Arinee the receptionist who booked our maya beach trip and called us a limo whenever we needed to go out,when we asked the receptionist she even told us how much we should tip and pay the cab drivers depending on where we were going.

On the other hand even though the beach was public,it's very clean and not too crowded.

We also tried their spa,lovely massage/Mani/pedi with a very professional staff!
Best part would be how lovely everything smells ALL THE TIME! And the fact that they surprised us with room decorations EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!! It's an expensive hotel but it's totally worth it,we loved every single minute of our honeymoon.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mais G
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Mais G.

Thanks a lot for your overwhelming compliments. I am glad to hear that you fully enjoyed your honeymoon. Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff.
We wish you a good time back home, and we all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future for another amazing stay!

Yours sincerely

#31 of 55 in Kata Beach
Fullmoon Beach Resort
Fullmoon Beach Resort
#12 of 66 in Kata Beach

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!