“Worth every penny.”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayedexpensive 3 days in mid August in the Pool Villa with Sea View.

The pictures do not do it justice. We were blown away by the attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the villa and the staff.

Each Villa is a standalone unit with complete privacy, requiring golf carts to ferry you from place to place. The Shore is part of a larger Katathani hotel group, which, in total has around 10 restaurants.

Go large, or go home!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BakerMcKenzie
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear BakerMcKenzie,
Thank you for your time taken to provide this good review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that your experience at The Shore was very good and you got blown away.. Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff. We all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future!

Yours sincerely
Resort Manager & Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We've been to Fiji , Bali ,New Kaledonia , Vanuatu , and other tropical destinations but Thailand / Phuket / Kata Thani is our favourite . This year was the sixth time . We had great 14 days in Kata Bhuri but to celebrate our 30 th wedding anniversary last 2 nights we spent in a villa at The Shore . The whole experience was magical . The Staff , location , view ( from bedroom &bathroom & pool ) ,breakfast , spa treatment etc., everything works in harmony to make it an unforgettable holiday . We had amazing 2 days only but memories that will last lifetime .

Room Tip: We stayed in room no.8823 . It had best view , was half way up the hill and very private .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Waldemar W
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed only 1 night at The Shore and regret immediately that why didn't we book a second night! We are actually here with our family but decide to have a romantic getaway to celebrate our anniversary, so we booked a separate hotel for just a night. This hotel is really amazing and is the best that I've stayed in this year.

We arrived early and was informed that the room will only be ready at 2pm. We're fine with waiting actually but was surprised that the friendly staffs offer a complimentary lunch! The restaurant has a spectacular view of the beach, an extremely relaxing place to be as it wasn't crowded and noisy (as compared to the Patong)... even before seeing the room, we already felt that the people here and everything about the hotel is really nice.

As it got past 2pm, we started to feel impatient that the room is still not ready yet so we got the recep to check for us a couple of times. We finally got the room at 230pm and upon entering, I feel so guilty for rushing them cos they were actually preparing the anniversary stuffs - the cake and bed decor! So sweet for their kind gesture! I had inform them that its my anniversary in prior as I want to get a room with better view, did not expect they will go an extra mile in providing all these. I really appreciate their efforts!

Now, about the room, needless to say, its simply breathtaking!! The pictures doesn't do justice to the real view you're seeing! I always thought the 1st/2nd tier gets the best view as it is closer to beach so that you wouldn't see the roof of other units, but the room I am staying (8841), is at the 3rd/4th tier, has the best view as well! We can't really see the roof or pathway of other units unless we lean over the edge of the infinity pool. Most of the time, we are seeing the ocean & beach!

Room is really clean and well kept, with many many amenities provided. Extra towels placed beside your private pool. Bed is perhaps a tad too soft for my liking. We spotted quite a number of lizards but its fine, this is Phuket! We also saw a small green snake on our way to lobby.

We had our in room breakfast and the portion is quite huge for us, we can't finish the pastries. Breakfast + the million dollar view, I missed this place already......

I will definitely be back again when the monsoon season is over! I can't wait to bask in the sun and enjoy the swim in the private pool. Thank You The Shore for making this such a wonderful holiday for me and my fiance to unwind before our wedding the next month.

2  Thank JaneLing
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at The Shore. We were stunned by the room, the view of the bay, and the integral private infinity pool. But what was also amazing was the service. The staff were all wonderful, and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. It was the rainy season in Phuket so we had a day of rain, but that didn't stop us using our pool, or the bar/restaurant. Breakfast was served in the room, and was fantastic - lots of choice, and very fresh. The restaurant serves great food, which is beautifully presented. The Shore is right next to the Katathani Beach resort, and you can use its facilities for free. It has various restaurants, bars and swimming pools, and is also right on the beach. This must be one of the best hotel experiences of our lives - we cannot wait to go back. It's expensive, but for what it offers it is good value for money.

Room Tip: The rooms with a sea view are a must. But think about how far you want to walk uphill in the heat be...
2  Thank fozzstar
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have just returned from an 8 night holiday in Phuket. We had booked an 8 night stay at The Katathani in a Junior Suite. This was lovely. We were offered an upgrade to a seaview pool villa at The Shore for the last two nights. At first we were hesitant about doing this, as we thought it was too much of a hassle. We decided to do it and are glad we did. It was absolutely amazing. I had tears in my eyes when entering the room it was so gorgeous. I am very fussy about accommodation and like to stay in 4 star or more. The Shore deserves a 5 star rating and if I could give it more, I would. Staff and service were great, food was beautiful (even cooked more bacon for me because I wanted it less crispy), room and facilities were gorgeous. The pool and view were amazing. We ended up spending more time in our room than we thought and it felt like we had been there longer than we had. We stayed in a villa higher up, too far to walk but a complimentary buggy was provided when required. It was very quiet and private (Swimming togs were not needed). You also have access to all the facilities at The Katathani. Kata Noi Beach was wonderful too, it is very quiet compared to Kata, Karon and Patong. If you want to experience these they are not far away. We hired a scooter down the road and parking space at The Shore was provided with 24hr security. We travelled in the rainy season and this was not an issue as it is so warm. Puzzled as to why there are negative reviews. THE PERFECT ROMANTIC GETAWAY!.

3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked a villa with a ‘wow’ bathroom and a lovely bath with a nice view. The infinity pool was great and excellent access to the beach. There is a restaurant at the sister hotel which I recommend. The Italian the food was superb with great ambiance and exceptional staff!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked to stay here for 10 nights while in Thailand, we came in "rainy season" but this wasn't even an issue. It was so humid and hot in the day, despite sporadic overcast spells and rain... it was still so hot. Everything was outstanding, the service, the staff, what they offered and all the advice. The breakfast is incredible and literally has everything you could wish for. The rooms are like individual villas- amazing space and beautiful clean decor. Its on a hillside, so if you stay at one of the higher villas, its difficult to walk up and down all th time, they offer cpmplementary shittle services by golf cart. The view from the rooms is beautiful. I would reccomend the rooms closer down the hill as its closer to the sea and the view of the beach will be better. It is about a 25min taxi drive to Patong. Its a quaint side of Kata and a short taxi trip to Kata beach is welcomed with many choices of restaurants. This is an excellent choice and you wont go wrong in anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#32 of 55 in Kata Beach
Fullmoon Beach Resort
Fullmoon Beach Resort
#13 of 65 in Kata Beach

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!